Best flash MP3 player to use when running
Jan 19, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get something with tactile controls. you don't want to be fiddling with touch sensitive stuff when you're running. it's aggravating to say the least.

i personally just got a cheapo player (128 mb Creative player) for about $20. came with an armband, no problems. plus it's UMS.

^^^^This person exercises.

anybody who tells you to buy a nano for working out doesn't run, period. If you change songs or adjust volume (you will), you want tactile controls. they allow you to adjust both, either when the item is in your pocket or clipped to your body.

buy a shuffle if you don't intend to use a screen.

if you intend to use a screen (more logical, becuse you can use it as an everyday device as well). I would persoanlly recommend either the:

cowon U2 or U3 if you want non replaceable rechargeable batteries or
the cowon G2 or G3 if you want replaceable AA batteries.

Jan 19, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #17 of 29
Zen V plus...I have had almost all of the aforementioned flash players...the Zen has superior audio quality and the FM tuner is a savior in the gym when I feel the urge to listen to Sports Center on their TV or get tired of the tunes that I have on my DAP. The screen is very easy to see and the display is more useful than you would ever think. I liked it so much, I got two! Well, OK...one was a gift that duplicated my stash...but that's beside the point, right?
smily_headphones1.gif
Waiting to purchase the 8gb version of this beauty as we speak!

Jan 19, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1musiclover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Nike kit only works with Nike shoes, right?

Hack it.......or buy a ready-made sensor clip such as this.

I just got a cheap 1st gen 4gb nano [refurb] really for this purpose - but I fear that if I get Nike+ kit then I will actually have to go a try it out!!!!!

mal.

Jan 19, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #20 of 29
I've found that touchy-feely interfaces like what the nano has is useless when walking/running, as others have said. The shuffle though is awesome and it's easy to change tracks on the move.

You'll want something with nice clicky buttons.

Jan 19, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #21 of 29
mal, I love the av. That image takes me way way way back.

image.php

Too bad we had to put up with the super ultra watered down version here in the US.
frown.gif

Back on topic: My mother-in-law has a Sandisk Sansa m230 flash player for running. She's the least technical person I've ever met in my life and she loves it. LINKAGE

m200_blue_angled%20Earbuds.jpg

Jan 19, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by locu64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've found that touchy-feely interfaces like what the nano has is useless when walking/running, as others have said. The shuffle though is awesome and it's easy to change tracks on the move.

You'll want something with nice clicky buttons.

I agree. I have run with my daughter's Nano and it is nearly impossible to scroll through the menu while running. So, I have ruled out the Nano. The only advantage I see in the Nano is that we already have 2 of them in the house and iTunes on the PC.

The Zen V Plus, the Samsung YP-T9 and the Clix are the frontrunners.

Jan 19, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #23 of 29
I feel that the Nano would be far too much trouble while running. 1st gen Shuffle is definately the way to go. Wouldnt matter if it's a 512 or a 1g (unless you go on 10hr runs
wink.gif
). The arm band is pretty decent also (at least the Apple one - maybe not the cheap knockoffs)
I've put at least 800 miles in with my 1G shuffle and it does a great job. They also can be had for cheap now

Jan 19, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #24 of 29
In thinking about this some more, I've decided that I need at least 4GB of storage. I've used my daughter's Nano before, and I easily used all her 2GB capacity. I could easily double that. So, that eliminates the shuffle.
Thanks again for all the replies!

Jan 19, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #26 of 29
Because I like good sound regardless of what I'm doing. I know that while I'm running I will not be able to appreciate the full benefits of having good sound quality, however, the MP3 player will not be used only for running.

Jan 19, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by locu64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've found that touchy-feely interfaces like what the nano has is useless when walking/running, as others have said.

frown.gif
I was planning to get a Nano to use when I am walking - no running for me. I can understand why it would be difficult to use when running, but is using it while walking really out of the question?

Holly

Jan 19, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by OakIris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
I was planning to get a Nano to use when I am walking - no running for me. I can understand why it would be difficult to use when running, but is using it while walking really out of the question?

Holly

Not completely out of the question, but these touch interfaces are really sensitive, so even slight movements can cause mis-entries (is that a word?). I used my Iaudio F1 over my nano, until the space limitations started becoming an problem, because of the issues I was having with movement and the touch interface.

Jan 19, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by wowie11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not completely out of the question, but these touch interfaces are really sensitive, so even slight movements can cause mis-entries (is that a word?).

It seems odd that they would make a portable device that can't be moved when it is in use! I know that's not quite what you said, but that is the impression I am starting to get.
smily_headphones1.gif
I guess the advertisments of people dancing wildly while holding and listening to Apple MP3 devices must have been for the iPod, not for the Nano.
tongue.gif

Holly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back