Best flash MP3 player to use when running
Jan 18, 2007 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

1musiclover

Head-Fier
I would like to purchase an MP3 player to use primarily when I'm running. From the research I've done, a flash player is my best option. It looks like there are 3 options; 8GB iPod Nano, iRiver Clix, and the Creative Zen V Plus.
Of these, which has the best sound quality? Are there any others I should consider?
Thanks for your help.

Jan 18, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 29
From what I heard from many source, the list can be this one:
1-Clix
2-Zen V Plus
3-Nano

Jan 18, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 29
Another player u might want to consider is the cowon's g3 in case u want to go for a simple player that runs ~35 hrs on an alkali (manufacturer rated it at 50 hrs, but ppl say that is unrealistic). It has a small 4-line lcd, in case ur going for something simple w/o photo or video capabilities. The price isn't attractive right now thou...

In case u want a photo/video flash player, check the samsung z5 and t9. The z5 is just for photo viewing thou. I've heard good things abt their SQ.

Hope this helps lol

Jan 18, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 29
If you are looking for small flash based mp3 player like nano and clix then SAMSUNG YP-T9 are the best in term of sound quality. It has 1.8in color screen which display photos and videos(25hr long battery life). Also COWON upcoming D2(2GB,4GB)with 2.4in color screen and it's pack with lots of features(45hr battery life).

Jan 18, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #5 of 29
get something with tactile controls. you don't want to be fiddling with touch sensitive stuff when you're running. it's aggravating to say the least.

i personally just got a cheapo player (128 mb Creative player) for about $20. came with an armband, no problems. plus it's UMS.

Jan 19, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #6 of 29
Wow! Thanks for the replies! I'll look into the other players mentioned. Video capability is not required. Simplistic operation is helpful especially while running
rolleyes.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #8 of 29
Clix is good for running etc. I use it on the elliptical and treadmill a lot, and it's fine with that. Easy to use too because of the whole screen being a giant 4-way switch. :p

Just have to remember which way is up when clicking.

Jan 19, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #10 of 29
Just curious, what's the general consensus on the 2nd gen iPod Shuffle as far as sound quality?

IMHO the Shuffle's form factor could not be more ideal for excercise since the body itself can be clipped on anywhere, you get a tactile response buttons, and the operation could not be simpler. I would never consider the Shuffle for anything but excercise, but for that it seems perfect.

Jan 19, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #14 of 29
I saw something online where a guy out the Nike Plus transmitter between his shoelaces and his tongue or something and it worked fine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Do it, I'm dying for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back