Best FLAC player for PC?
Nov 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #61 of 229
Actually sounds quite nice, but I'm not finding an English language Readme file, and the online info is less than useful. Is there some way of setting preference, output, etc. on this Aplayer program?

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #62 of 229
Sorry, I thoght there is an english readme (.
You can edit APlayer.ini file using notepad. Set English=1 and save the file. Than you'll have an English iterface. See the last string below.
Also I can reccomend to translate readme.txt using web transators.

After I have found Apleer, I can't listen Foobar!

[APlayer]
Covers=Covers;Artwork;Scans;Pictures;Images;Photos;Cover;Art;
Balloon=1
ViewFiles=0
FlagContinue=1
TimeOut=0
FlagWide=1
FlagTrackbar=1
SelectedPlugIns=16383
OutputPlugin=out_wave.dll
PictureTime=20
Volume=63
UseCUE=1
UseM3U=0
English=1

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #63 of 229
I forgot... Right click on the player window and you'll have some menus.

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #66 of 229
You can get a plug in for Windows Media Player which will allow you to play FLAC files through it.
I don't know where to purchase it but you can download it free through BitTorrent here: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/3959874/FLAC_CODEC_FOR_WINDOWS_MEDIA_PLAYER_._rar_._andtr666666_...

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #67 of 229
There is also a guide to play Flac in wmp 12

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #69 of 229
Quote:
Thanks; got it. More I listen to it, the more I like this Aplayer program. Is there some way of running it with WASAPI? Can't seem to find it in the right-click menus.

WASAPI output plugin is out_maiko.dll.   Extract it to a root player folder  from add_plugins.zip in EXTRAS folder.

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #70 of 229
Quote:
Another vote for the free and incredibly versatile foobar.

You might want to look into dBPoweramp or even Winamp as well. Both are pretty popular, both have free and paid versions.

Yar I have J-River and well I never use it... FooBar just works so great!

I do have one question what do I need to get FooBar to work with a DAC... I hear people say you need the Wasapi plug in and well I have it, so once you have the plugin how do you activate it and allow it to transfer the bits to the dac e.e

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #73 of 229
Quote:

Go to "Preferences / Output" and select whatever Wasapi mode you want ("event" or "push") on the "Device" option.  

I have it set to Out Wasapi Mode Push, and there is sound... what exactly is Waspai doing when it does that... I do not have a DAC as of yet, but I ofc plan to use an O2 dac, how would I get the O2 to work with FooBar...

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #75 of 229
Quote:
How do I run FooBar with the Wasbai plugin... I installed it but well not sure if it's working xD

It won't make any difference anyways man.

Quote:

Go to "Preferences / Output" and select whatever Wasapi mode you want ("event" or "push") on the "Device" option.  

Yup
Quote:
I have it set to Out Wasapi Mode Push, and there is sound... what exactly is Waspai doing when it does that... I do not have a DAC as of yet, but I ofc plan to use an O2 dac, how would I get the O2 to work with FooBar...

all wasapi does is make it difficult to pause your music and watch a youtube video. The windows mixer is bit perfect. There is no need for wasapi. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back