Best FLAC music player software that gathers meta data+album art+ etc.
Jan 4, 2015 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Omega139

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've been updating my mp3 library to flac these past few days, and was wondering if there was any software out there that offers what itunes does but for FLAC files. I would like to know if there's any kind of apps/software out there that can gather meta data and album art for FLAC files without having to individually tag every individual file.

Thank you!

Jan 4, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Hey, you should try foobar2000

Best Luck!

Jan 4, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 4
I agree that Foobar2000 is your best bet, but you may not like the fact that it's a "kit."  You have to install a lot of the features you may want yourself and then configure them.  Personally, it's a different philosophy and one that I prefer - doing stuff yourself - but there are those who don't.  For instance, I have to download art for every CD and then rename (front.jpg) and copy the art to the cd's flac files folder.  I think there are plug-ins that you can install that handle this automatically, but I've never fooled with them.  I currently have over 600 GB in FLAC files and Foobar handles them all in stride.

Most importantly, Foobar2000 is about as pure as you can get with decoding and playing FLAC files and it allows you to select any source outside of the OS.  Those things are enough for me to keep using it.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back