Best first time IEM for me?? (I am very picky)
Jan 29, 2009 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

jmon22

New Head-Fier
I have been lurking for a while, trying to find the best IEM for me. While I have seem some great suggestions, I figured I could bring all my tastes into 1 thread, since it is too hard to pull all information together.

Here is what I want...

-Listen to Hip-hop, R&B, Rock, so I need a little bit of bass on a Ipod Touch 2g (though don't need it to be overwhelming, I want it to be comfortable to listen to without shaking my brain loose)

-Want a decent looking headphone.. Want them to be black or white, not some silly color (Brass color on the nuforce ne-7's??? gross). Also would prefer ones that don't go around my ear. (The least of my concerns, but I'd rather not look like I'm wearing hearing aids.)

-Need them to sit relatively flat in my ear. I wear a beanie that sits pretty tight, so I want to be able to wear it.

Ones I have thought about, though open to anything. (Could spend up to about $80-$90)

Denon 551
Nuforce ne-7 (stupid color), ne-8
Klipsch Custom 1's
White Shure SCL3s
Others (but I am open to anything so not too important)

Thanks for all of your help!!!!

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #3 of 15
>> UE Super.fi5 Pro <<
popcorn.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 15
I never have a problem wearing a beanie with my Klipsch Customs, but they do lack in the bass quantity department. The Custom 2 more than the Custom 1. They do go round the ear though.

The Denon C551, Sennheiser CX 95 or RE2 however may be better if you prefer something with more bass.

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #5 of 15
Yeah I would probably be more comfortable with a more balanced sound. I like bass, but I think I would prefer tight and good sounding rather than lots of quantity. I kind of ruled out the RE2's at first based on the pictures from the headdirect sight making it look like it has corny chinese designs all over it. But from just looking at pictures on here, they look really nice. Still not too sure though.... Keep the opinions coming!!!

Jan 29, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never have a problem wearing a beanie with my Klipsch Customs, but they do lack in the bass quantity department. The Custom 2 more than the Custom 1. They do go round the ear though.

The Denon C551, Sennheiser CX 95 or RE2 however may be better if you prefer something with more bass.

what he said

Jan 30, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #8 of 15
Well I actually pulled the trigger on the $80 White SCL4's since Guitar Center had them back in stock. I believe that these will give me a nice balanced sound, in a league above what my previous choices were. Good Buy???/Mistake??? I figured that the sound quality would be enough to make up for some of my criteria that the SCL4's may lack.

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #9 of 15
SCL3 will very likely not have enough bass for your Hip-hop & R&B. The SCL4's will be better especially once you get them in correctly and deep enough, but you may still find them a little lacking in bass. Their clarity and detail is good though. See what you think once you get them. Listen to them for several day, it took me that long for my brain to adjust and appreciate the detail and clarity.

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #13 of 15
Must be IEM or could they be buds? I just ask because Yuin is a kick butt option, and they do gear their frequency responses quite well.

I can't say I've used enough IEMs to point you to something ideal for a flatter response. Many are just rather colored in response.

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #14 of 15
Yeah I prefer an IEM. Well I have revised my list a little bit. I think its between the new apple dual drivers, and the d-jays. The think that really intrigues me about the apples is the in-line remote. I think its a pain to take my touch out, and unlock it just to change the song. I have read and it seems that they have pretty decent sound quality for the price too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back