Best/favorite concept album?
Nov 19, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #64 of 68
Must add my +1 for The Wall. As a bonus, the production is exquisite, so it's an album-long eargasm every time.

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #65 of 68

Epic and cinematic concept album about the infamous Dutch slaver/captain Van Der Decken and his demise. 

Quote from the Sputnik review:
"The instrumentals are intense and varied, and the orchestrated parts never drown out the distortion of the guitars or make the music sound like just an over-produced offshoot of Dimmu Borgir. Instead, the Dutch storytellers mix equal parts Emperor and touches of the former band for an accessible yet respectable release that bleeds of promise for great things to come in the band’s future. I would even go as far as to say that this is the ideal gateway to the world of black metal for those new to the genre, containing many of its defining characteristics, while not scaring hesitant listeners off with abrasive vocals, low-level production, or controversial lyrical topics as well."

Quote from a Metal Archives review:
"Death Came Through a Phantom Ship is an album that does not disappoint. The music is superb, the vocals are great, and the story is chilling. If you are a fan of symphonic black metal, I highly recommend this album. Also, if you enjoy ghost stories or legends, or you want to see a band that can masterfully tell a story through music, I strongly suggest that this is the first album you should look into. This album is an amazing output, and I am greatly interested to see what Carach Angren will do next."

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #66 of 68
Symphonic Black Metal huh? I'll have to check that out.

Hmm, very theatric but not for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back