Best eq setting for Sennheiser px 100-ii?
Jan 20, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 10
People usually buy px100 because they're tired of having to eq other headphones. What's there to eq on the sweet, smooth sound of the px100? Just enjoy it. You've got one of the best portable headphones ever made.

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #5 of 10

Been using this quite for sometime now, makes the headphones sound a bit better(flat), refined.

Thank you! I just experimented with it, this is a really good setting for PX100 ii. I never thought I would ever want to boost the treble on any headphone, but that gentle boost in the highs really makes these headphones come alive.

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 10
  Thank you! I just experimented with it, this is a really good setting for PX100 ii. I never thought I would ever want to boost the treble on any headphone, but that gentle boost in the highs really makes these headphones come alive.

This does make a nice improvement to these headphones. I would love to see other peoples eq setting for these. I've heard people say theses headphone have a bit of a midbass bump. I like the see the deep bass up a bit like his eq with the mid-bass down a bit. 

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #7 of 10
EQ is the work of satan
evil_smiley.gif
 Buy the right headphones (not that theres anything wrong with PX100)

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #8 of 10

The PX100II is very bass-heavy (IMHO).  I found it pretty much a portable only kind of headphone, where a warm bass-heavy signature sounds best to my ears.  At home I was cutting the iTunes EQ 32, 64, 125 sliders by a good 4-5 db.  I have since sennGrado modded them and like them MUCH better that way.

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #9 of 10
  The PX100II is very bass-heavy (IMHO).  I found it pretty much a portable only kind of headphone, where a warm bass-heavy signature sounds best to my ears.  At home I was cutting the iTunes EQ 32, 64, 125 sliders by a good 4-5 db.  I have since sennGrado modded them and like them MUCH better that way.

I'd like to see a picture of your px100II eq.

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #10 of 10

It's great as it is, even though I don't think it deserves its "cures cancer" status the appreciation thread had me believe. The signature is perfect for brightly-mastered recordings. I can finally enjoy violin concertos with these phones. (My 990pros made me hate all violin music due to the bright signature.) And I don't feel the need to eq the bass down. I think it gives that glorious full-bodied sound people appreciate with the HD650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back