best eq plugin for foobar 0.8.3?
Jan 30, 2008 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Headphoneus Supremus
What is the best (highest sound quality) EQ plugin that will work in foobar 0.8.3? the built in one sounds like ass.

Jan 30, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #3 of 11
Main reason I don't use foobar as much as winamp is because I have not found a EQ better than Shibatch super EQ on winamp.

I also got a plguin so I can play lossless on winamp, so all is well.

Jan 30, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 11
BTW, you can use all VST/DX EQ plugins with Foobar 0.8.x too ... you just need to use more 'wrapper' plugins to get them in use.

Also, for Winamp, I suggest to try Aixcoustic's Electri-Q for Winamp (freeware).

jiitee

Jan 30, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, you can use all VST/DX EQ plugins with Foobar 0.8.x too ... you just need to use more 'wrapper' plugins to get them in use.

Also, for Winamp, I suggest to try Aixcoustic's Electri-Q for Winamp (freeware).

jiitee

Do you know of a VST wrapper for 0.8.3 that is still available online?

All of them I could find were for >0.9 versions only......

Jan 30, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #7 of 11
I had all in my signature earlier but those wont show up anymore.

Here ais the signature:

[size=xx-small]VST/DX (effect) plug-ins with Winamp, MediaMonkey and Foobar 0.8.x-0.9.x - needed components :
Winamp and MediaMonkey: VST support - VST Host DSP for Winamp, DirectX support - FFX-4 for WinAmp
Foobar: VST Host plugin and FFX-4 VST for DX plug-ins(see above)
Additional plug-ins, if needed: (use multiple plug-ins, etc.) Acon EffectChainer (DX/VST), CTAF MultiFXVST (VST), XLUTOP Chainer (VST), energyXTEffect (VST)
Output plug-ins: Foobar: ASIO and KernelStreaming (0.9.x), ASIO (0.8.x) ... Winamp and MediaMonkey: ASIO and KernelStreaming
3rd party ASIO drivers: Asio4All, ASIOx, ASIO2KS, USB-ASIO, FireWire-Universal and Ideal (+ OEM), ..... !!! ASIOCaps ASIO Control panel
Favorite player: Native Instruments - TRAKTOR BeatPort Player[/size]

Jan 30, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 11
Now the signature seems to pop up again? Maybe there is some delay since I enabled it couple hours ago.

I.E. all needed plug-ins should be listed in my signature:

jiitee

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #11 of 11
Looks like I have updatet my sig somedar so here are those missing links:

For foobar2k 0.8.x you'll need

1. "Winamp DSP Plugin" (foobar2000 3rd party components (older ones may be hard to find anymore)

2. "VST Host DSP for Winamp" (link is in my sig)

Setup instructions are alredy posted here so little searching is needed.

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back