Best Ebay connectors you have tried
Dec 9, 2009 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

FraGGleR

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok, now that I am mostly over my anxiousness about materials, I am interested in what connectors from ebay (RCA's, 1/4", and mini's) people have tried and had good experiences with. I know Scootermafia just tried some decent (albeit inaccurately described) mini's from vintage-audio-labs so I was wondering what other experiences people have had. While for me cheaper is usually better, it isn't quite as necessary as this thread is more about trying unknown brands or look a likes to see if their quality holds up to Head-fi standards. I have some RCA's on order so I am doing my part
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 11
Since the difference in sound between plugs, if any, is indistinguishable, the only thing I look for is a decent layout. After that it's whatever plug looks coolest
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: They're not from eBay, but Redco's RRCAs are nice, cheap, and easy to work with

Dec 13, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #3 of 11
Well, I tried these: Diy RCA MALE Plug Audio Video ADAPTER CONNECTOR 6mm x4 - eBay (item 390130168626 end time Dec-21-09 08:52:19 PST)

They look ok, but feel super light to the point they feel cheap. The metal is very thin around the center pin and it looks like the gold plating is chipping already (haven't used them yet). So looks like a no go. The most basic Neutrik is a better option, particularly since you can get them with free shipping from Dale Pro Audio.

Might try something from this seller: eBay Store – 8Audio: Search results for. next if a local source of RCA's doesn't pan out. More expensive, but looks much higher quality. Looks like OEM versions of some nice Cardas connectors.

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 11
I've bought these RCA plugs. They're the exact same RCA's as the Connex brand RCA's from Parts Connexion. As far as RCA's go, they're pretty nice, have a very solid feel to them. 3 out of the 4 plugs I have are terrific, the 4th one seems to be machined slightly off so that a set screw doesn't quite fit in place. It didn't matter because I didn't need it, but still a small issue.

The only thing I don't like about the Neutrik plugs is that they have a slightly loose connection. That, and those plugs just look really nice (not as flashy as the Furutech top of the lines, but still have that glitz that Audiophiles love). Now who wants some Bocchino plugs...

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #5 of 11
Those have tempted me several times, Jageur. Thanks for the feedback.

And lol at the Bocchinos. They cost more than my whole setup combined.

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by beauistheman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about binding posts, banana plugs and RCA sockets???

I chickened out on the ebay ones, although there are ton that really look nice. I ended up using some Partsexpress stuff instead.

Once I build my little T-amp, I will probably get some ebay bananas.

Dec 14, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #8 of 11
hmmm yeah theres alot with some nice decent res close up pics and they look to be decent. but im scared too haha. Im building a 5 channel amp and i dont wanna stuff up with **** connectors. Partsexpress isnt in melbourne, wish we had something similar that stocked alot of decent items, jaycar doesnt count haha

Dec 14, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #9 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back