Best Earphones on Deal extreme?
Sep 12, 2008 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Bradrj1029

100+ Head-Fier
What would be the best headphones on deal extreme? Ino they all suck but im just looking for something that will do me good for awhile until i decided to get some good 100$ ear phones.

DealExtreme: Earphones (Page 1)

Which set should I get? I was thinking of the Metallic Orange ones. They seem to have the best reviews.

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradrj1029 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would be the best headphones on deal extreme? Ino they all suck but im just looking for something that will do me good for awhile until i decided to get some good 100$ ear phones.

Which set should I get? I was thinking of the Metallic Orange ones. They seem to have the best reviews.

What will you use them for? I have the metallic orange, and if your looking for entry level toss around in-ear when you need some portable isolation, they do the job. If they are going to be your main portable headphone, I would not take them. I would instead save up for some "real" in-ears.

The Sennheiser PX100 and Koss KSC75 I have are miles better than these.

I found my pair of metallic orange to be heavily coloured with very one note bass.

EDIT: Doh, that's what I get for not reading your post correctly.

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 11
I'm sorry, but I would rather you just use any old buds you have lying around the house. There's no point in wasting 5 bucks on something you're going to replace anyway not to mention it'll break as soon as you rip it out of the box or plug it in or roll up the cable or turn up the volume or (you get the drift).

Add that money to your IEM fund, who knows, you might end up with something better than you're expecting. You'll need the money anyways since as the saying goes:

"Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet!"

Sep 13, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #7 of 11
I'm pretty sure that no-name metallic orange earbuds couldn't be considered fake...
Ugly as sin, yes, fake, not so much.

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #8 of 11
hairdryers might be the name. lol

I own the metallic orange ones and also the green ones.
I've found the green ones better sound wise with my Meizu.
They aren't really much comfortable and the isolation is poor compare to a....Creative EP630
Just the build quality is great. The cord is soft and very flexible. I've found it even better than on the SA6.
But you don't get more sound what you paid for. They have a huge problem in the 330 Hz range I think. I need to lower my EQ there a lot to get even the sound to be acceptable enough I even want to listen to it. But a little play with the EQ the green should be ok IMO.

Still I think they are the best bang for buck in that price range.
My delivery time was 4 days. Pretty fast half around the world.
For 4 $ they worth a try if you just go for build. On sound, no

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #9 of 11
Get neither of them.
Go for Kanon MD-52 on ecrater.
7$+2.50$ for shipping. I have ordered about 6 earphones from Dealextreme, each 3-5$, most of them from Kanen (formerly Kanen, they changed their name) [Exact Product namers: EC1, MD-71, EC7], all of them are inferior to MD-52, so don't waste your money on them. Though the EC models have a very pleasant cable clothing (?), see this photo on DX.
The MD-52 have really great sound, (Sayajin says in his review they have about the same SQ as SoundMagic PL-30) there is nothing I could complain about. I even use them as speakers when I am in a quiet room; even at Meizu M6 volume 40 they have no loss in quality, compared to the distorted sound of all other earphones in this price category when you turn the volume up.
I have to say that I have never listened to real high-end earphones; the most expensive being 40€ AKG K324P which I found to be worse than Kanen MD-52.
However, if you are looking for Earphones below 12$, this is probably the best choice. There have been some reports on faulty ones, up to 50% per order.

If you want to spend a bit more $, go for this site.
They have Sennheiser CX300 (confirmed to be original and not fakes; they are said to be about the sq of Kanen MD-52, but I can't approve of this) for mere 18$. Atm, they are out of stock though, dunno when thy will get more.

I would by the SoundMagic from mp4nation.net and not from focalprize.

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:48 PM Post #10 of 11
What I remember CX300 is for bass heads and something very similar to EP-630 and these were very poor compare to MD-52. But I can't say about CX300 either.

PL12 are spoken to be better than PL30 sound wise. Properly worth a try too or comparsion to the others.

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradrj1029 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The metallic orange ones were OK once I replaced the sleeves with something a bit firmer. The wire near the plug is starting to fail already and I didn't use them very much. I tried 2 other types from DE and they were awful. And Dealextreme orders take at least 3 weeks to arrive.

Instead, go to your local Target, CVS or Walgreens and spend $12 on Phillips SHE2650 earbuds. They sound better and are much more comfortable than the orange cans. (My thread on the http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/p...arbuds-385891/)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back