best earphones in relation to headphones $100-$250 range
May 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

aionis

New Head-Fier
I've researched and looked up a few different places about what certain things about headphones/earphones mean..

The ohms, hz, drivers, sensitivity, impendance, etc... And I have a few questions regarding certain things in relation to it, as well as what would be a good product.

Firstly as far as money is concerned.. At most I'm willing to spend around $250.. I might higher that if the difference between the pair of earphones is a lot... however I wouldn't really prefer to spend anything over $200.. Ideally around $150-$180. All though I'd still like lists of certain products if you have any that you could recommend.

From my understanding, drivers are the main cause on whether or not a headphones/earphones are going to sound good, with there being dynamic, armature, and iems.. all though that isn't the only variable, that seems like one that contributes a lot... does that sound right? 

I've had a pair of Steelseries Sibera v2 for about 2ish years, and they broke recently. So I'm looking for something to replace them.. however this time I want earphones.

The Sibera v2 had a hz range of 20-20k I think with 50mm drivers.. they sounded good, or at least a lot better than regular $30 headphones.

So I'm looking for something that is like them, or better.. I want something that has bass, but isn't just overwhelmed by it to where my ear is vibrating and you can't hear anything else, however I DO want bass.

From the threads I've read, it seems like the monster turbines, or shures come up a lot... It doesn't seem like seinnheiser comes up at all, and then in the same regard, some people say the bass is really weak.

SO to recap.. I essentially want something that are better than the Sibera V2 (headphones)

.. and if there is like a good list that compares headphones vs earphones, that'd be good as well.

I'm not really particular put towards any one set of driver, I just want something that sounds good and has bass.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back