Best Earphones for under 50$ ?
Oct 6, 2005 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Melik

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, i know you discuss earphones/headphones worth over 500$ etc...

But, i just don't got enough money to spend on earphones....
rolleyes.gif

i'd be happy if you could recomnmend me some earphones for 50$ or less...

i never used IEM's, and i think that they would hurt my ears...

what would you recommend ??

Oct 6, 2005 at 8:50 PM Post #2 of 30
For IEM's, the typical recommendation is Sharp's MD33. I've never tried them before, so I don't know how they sound, but I have a Sony EX51 of my own, which is very similarly designed. They don't go very far into your ear, so they should be pretty comfortable, but they also don't block out much noise. If you want/need isolation, you should hunt down Shure E2c's or Ety ER6/ER6i's used (maybe a bit over your budget, but that's the way things go around here).

Oct 7, 2005 at 5:13 PM Post #5 of 30
@Head Creep

the sharps look pretty cool,do you recommend them ?
what 'bout the price ??

@fr4c & Kugino;

Thank you, but i'm searching for Earphones
etysmile.gif

Oct 7, 2005 at 5:39 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melik
@Head Creep

the sharps look pretty cool,do you recommend them ?
what 'bout the price ??

I've never tried them, so I'm going on what other people have said. Do a search and you'll find them mentioned almost too many times, with a couple reviews thrown in for good measure. And as far as I know, the only place to buy them is at AudioCubes for $40 plus shipping. At this point, the Search feature here is your best friend.

Oct 7, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #9 of 30
Do searches on this forum for 'md33' and panasonic 'hje 50' - those are, I think, the main 'mini canalphones'. There is also sony ex71 but that does not seem as well liked and also has serious durability issues.

For earbuds I recommend Sennheiser MX400 ($10-$15) or MX450 (slightly more expensive, from what I have heard it has less bass, more treble, and is smaller in size). Which one is better probably depends on your ear. I get varying fits with MX400 but usually I can get a pretty good one. MX500 and 550 are same as 4xx versions except w/ a volume control and cost more.

Oct 7, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #10 of 30
I'll jump in and recommend the Panasonic RP-HJE50 as well. It is another semi canal in the 30 dollar range with favorable reviews. I enjoy mine on car trips and when I need ambient noise gone. However, I'm also getting a pair of Sennheiser HD201 because I'm not fond of the in ear feeling after an hour or so.

I'll bet if you luck out, you might find a pair of Shures for just a little over your price range. I might be totally imagining things, but I could swear I've seen E2Cs going for 75 bucks in some places. I'm sure there are a lot of people that will tell you that at 25 bucks difference over the Sony model, it is money more than well spent.

Oct 7, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #11 of 30
KSC-35/75.

Oct 7, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #12 of 30
sony mdr e888,you won't be regret.

you can find it at ebay, i think it's around $50, and as soon as you put it in your ear, you'll love it.

btw, some ppl say you have to break-in it a little bit before to get a nice sound.

Oct 7, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by sade.duo
sony mdr e888,you won't be regret.

you can find it at ebay, i think it's around $50, and as soon as you put it in your ear, you'll love it.

btw, some ppl say you have to break-in it a little bit before to get a nice sound.

x2

Oct 7, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #14 of 30
@K2Grey & Inkmo;

The Panasonic's look nice too,

wich of them would you recommend ??

imho the md33's look cooler

+ i Think the Shure E2c's look a lil' bit too big and they look like alien earphones...

+ the e888's are earbuds afaik, are they as good as mini canal phones ?

Oct 7, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #15 of 30
Well, I am myself leaning towards the RP-HJE50 as they are cheaper. But before I decide to buy them (depending of course on whether I keep or sell Etymotic Er-4p) I will first do a bit more research myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back