Best earphones for small ears?
Sep 9, 2007 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

skyline889

Headphoneus Supremus
My girlfriend has small ears so the stock ibuds always fall out when she's working out so I'm looking to get her something that will fit her much better. It's been a while since I've researched earphones since I've switched to full size cans long ago so what would your recommendation be for a good fitting earphone around $50-70? Etymotic ER-6is? Thanks for your help!

Sep 9, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 11
Well as far as IEMs go, just about any should do the trick-- The etys are good, but I don't know if they'll necessarily match the kind of music she's listening to. Do you know what kind of sound she's looking for or does it not really matter?

Sep 9, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #3 of 11
She's not really into critical listening at all and seems satisfied with the stock ibuds so for her, it's more about getting a tight fit. I think with the various flanges and tips, she should be able to find a good seal with an iem.

Sep 9, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #4 of 11
For the best fit, Sony ex90 sounds appropriate for what she wants.

This earpieces are like a combination of opened and kernel type,

which i think they're the most comfy inear pieces i've ever seen.

Also make pretty impressive sound, for those who don't care much about sound quality
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by eternality.pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggest q-jays if you are able to snatch up 170$ (they should be available in the upcoming days) or ety er6i if not
smily_headphones1.gif

you might also want to look at the J-Jays and D-Jays for less money. They are both ideal for small ears. They are not ideal for bassheads however.

Sep 13, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by eternality.pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggest q-jays if you are able to snatch up 170$ (they should be available in the upcoming days) or ety er6i if not
smily_headphones1.gif

Lol, I'm not really looking to spend that much since she could care less about sq. I spend enough on her as it is. Anyways, I think it's down to either the ER-6i or the Marshmallows. The Marshmallows are cheaper but they look it and I'm also not sure they'll provide her with as good of a fit as the Etys.

Sep 13, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, I'm not really looking to spend that much since she could care less about sq. I spend enough on her as it is. Anyways, I think it's down to either the ER-6i or the Marshmallows. The Marshmallows are cheaper but they look it and I'm also not sure they'll provide her with as good of a fit as the Etys.

Well, the marshmallows aren't bad though and if she really doesn't care much for sq, then it wouldn't make too much sense for you to shell out more money-- even if that is the head-fier way.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back