Best earphones for running?
Apr 28, 2018 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cjbeech

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some Bluetooth earphones that I can wear whilst going for a run.

My budget us around £70-£100.

Ideally, I'm looking for something that won't fall out, sounds good and is comfortable.

I'm very new to this market so have just started looking online. I've come across the Monster isport Victory wireless earphones, which seem appealing but have mixed reviews (lots of people seem to have them break after a few months).

Has anyone had any experience with these earphones or could recommend any more?

Thanks in advance!

Apr 29, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for the reply!

I don't mind having a wire around my neck, so I'm fine with just wireless! Do you have any suggestions?

I used to own the Jaybird X3. In terms of fit they were pretty good. Little to no microphonics and they didn't fall out.

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 8
The Bose SoundSport Wireless stay in pretty well and sound decent enough. I think they and the Jaybird are about neck and neck...To my knowledge, there are not any sport wireless IEM's that sound outstanding, FWIW. YMMV, of course.

Apr 29, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #6 of 8
I just bought the Knowledge Solutions ZS6 and the TRN Bluetooth adapter form them from Amazon for when I'm out riding my bike. To me they sound amazing. Memory wire over the ear helps keep them where I want them, and some comply tips to round it out.

All in all, pretty cheap and surprisingly decent. There's a huge Knowledge Solutions thread in the IEM section here if you want some other opinions.

Apr 29, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #7 of 8
I used to own the Jaybird X3. In terms of fit they were pretty good. Little to no microphonics and they didn't fall out.

Thanks for the reply! I've had a look into the Jaybird X3, but I've seen a lot of reviews that they connectivity issues if they're in a pocket? Is this something you experienced? Or was this an issue with an earlier version/batch?

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for the reply! I've had a look into the Jaybird X3, but I've seen a lot of reviews that they connectivity issues if they're in a pocket? Is this something you experienced? Or was this an issue with an earlier version/batch?

I’ve had this issue with my older phone case which was pretty thick. If your case is relatively thin then it shouldn’t be an issue. However, while the phone was in my pocket, there were some drop out and loss in quality. It didn’t happen often enough to bother me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back