Best earphones for my budget?
Sep 22, 2007 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

aznsniper911

New Head-Fier
So I'm tired of these cheap earphones sounding awful and breaking all the time, I plan to buy some good ones but after doing some research it's pretty mix but it seems Shure or Sennhesier are highly praise for their earphones. For $180 or so what would you guys get? I could care less about fit, I just want durability and good sounding earphones! I'll be using this with my iPod Touch and I'll be mostly listening to RAP/Hip Hop and Pop music!

Sep 22, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznsniper911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aye forgot about that. iPod Touch and I'm more into Rap and Pop.

You sound like you might like a smooth, bassy sound signature that I think is best exemplified by the Future Sonics Atrio m5 (~$140 on eBay). Most Head-Fiers seem to like them plenty.

Sep 22, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #7 of 19
Ah, it's going to be hard without buying online. Your only options are sennheiser or Shure.

Sep 22, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #10 of 19
If you have patience, some Head-Fiers offer some damn good deals on Westones/UltimateEars/Shures/Etymotics.

I'm a big fan of the e500s and ER4S--amped of course
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #11 of 19
atrio m5's or superfi 5 pro's would be great for you
etysmile.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #12 of 19
One question to ask yourself (I'll ask it, in this case) is whether you need isolation. Will you be listening in a quiet room or just walking around a city or campus? Or will you be listening on noisy busses, trains, planes, and so forth?

Sep 22, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznsniper911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aye forgot about that. iPod Touch and I'm more into Rap and Pop.

If you're into lots of bass,
basshead.gif
try the Future Sonics Atrio M5. I do have concerns that the strong bass could overwhelm the treble, and the two-flange eartips might take some practice to get a proper ear seal.

Sep 23, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #14 of 19
So far concluding from my local area and my brother lowing his budget for no dam reason, I got 3 choices, which of these would be best for bass? They are all $150 and lower........
Shure E4C
Shure SE310
Sennheiser CX500

Sep 23, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, it's going to be hard without buying online. Your only options are sennheiser or Shure.

If he lives near a Virgin Megastore, they carry Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pro, super.fi 3, and metro.fi 2, at least the ones in NYC do. The price on the super.fi 5 Pro was blocked by the display, but the super.fi 3 was going for $99 and the metro.fi $69.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back