best earphones for electronica/ambient/trance music??
Oct 12, 2009 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rx777

New Head-Fier
hey buddies,

what are the best earphones for electronica/ambient/trance music??
my price range is from $50-100 US, and they should pack style with performance

i was looking at the Sony MDRXB40EX, but not sure if it's good..

any recommendations??

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #3 of 8
Well, I don't really listen to those genre very often, but hrmmm bass would be nice, so let's see Denon 750, Klipsch S4, even the RE0 would do, but I think the klipsch might be the winner.

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #4 of 8
I don't own them yet, but based on a few days worth of research, the S4 seems like a safe/foolproof bet. Be sure to burn them in, though.

If you decide to go with the RE0, which is also excellent, as I've read, know that you will be missing a little bass, compared to the S4.

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 8
It would help if you told us what type of sound signature you like, not just the music you like to listen to, as different people may have different preferences for the same type of msuic. For example, I like electronica/ambient/psytrance, but I prefer detailed phones with tight, relatively neutral bass, while for others pounding (exaggerated) bass is preferred. Anyway, if you're taste is anything like mine, I think you'd probably find the REO far and away the best phone in this price range.

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 8
Also, what sort of style do you like?

I think ambient sounds amazing on my detailed ADDIEMs with a little amping. (This is what Antony6555 said, and I retract my previous recommendation, because it really does depend on what you like.)

Oct 18, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #7 of 8
RE0 provide all the details you would ever want, but if you want boomy or even punchy bass, you won't get a lot. You get a lot of the bass detail, quality, but the quantity may not be enough for your needs. If you like clubbing style bass, RE0 won't be your top pick.

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #8 of 8
Klipsch S4 or Nuforce NE7M or Atrio M5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back