Best Earphone for sports and out-door use ?
Feb 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

K4Sait

New Head-Fier
I recently had the Beyer DT990 and i'm happy with it in-door

and now i want in-ear headphones to use in public and while jogging

So i'll use it out-door & for sports

What's the best in sound quality and comfort ?

Do you guys recommend the Monster iSport Immersion In-Ear Headphones ? Or there are better options ?

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #2 of 5
There's a large selection out there, I've had some $15 earbuds I bought from Target that sound great and lasted me 3+ years. I've recently purchased some Bluetooth headphones that have completely changed the way I workout. I purchased some Jaybird JF4MBL off http://www.bluetoothsports.com for pretty cheap compared to some other sites out there. They have high quality sound, tons of hands-free  features built right into the headset. What I love most is that when I run they've never fallen out. They sit really snug and secure in your ear and don't move even if your're sweating your ass off. Not having to deal with your cord getting snagged on anything is always something that happened to me, Bluetooth headphones are perfect for removing that issue altogether. There are a large selection of Bluetooth Headhphones and earbuds starting to come out on the market, so it's definitely something worth looking into. Hope this helps.

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 5
There's a large selection out there, I've had some $15 earbuds I bought from Target that sound great and lasted me 3+ years. I've recently purchased some Bluetooth headphones that have completely changed the way I workout. I purchased some Jaybird JF4MBL off http://www.bluetoothsports.com for pretty cheap compared to some other sites out there. They have high quality sound, tons of hands-free  features built right into the headset. What I love most is that when I run they've never fallen out. They sit really snug and secure in your ear and don't move even if your're sweating your ass off. Not having to deal with your cord getting snagged on anything is always something that happened to me, Bluetooth headphones are perfect for removing that issue altogether. There are a large selection of Bluetooth Headhphones and earbuds starting to come out on the market, so it's definitely something worth looking into. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that was really helpful

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 5
For running and working out, choose something that is open, rugged, will stay in place, and is inexpensive. I suggest the $15 Koss KSC75 earhook headphones.  I suggest not using isolating earphones or headphones while running, unless you are running where there is no traffic. It is too dangerous using isolating earphones or headphones while running through city streets.

If you do decide to get something with isolation,  $6 JVC Riptidz IEM is said to be sweat and water resistant. It sounds quite decent considering it is just $6.

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #5 of 5
The JVC FXD80, Sony XBA3, Klipsch image X10i and UE900 are great to use outdoor and they sound great for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back