Best earphone around $100?
Sep 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

coolkidsforlife

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I am looking for a good earphone for around $100. I listen to rap, electro, etc. I want it to be good for other types of music though. I want it to have a good bass but not overpowering. I will be using it at school so it needs to have good noise isolation/blockage/leakage. I have been listening to my apple earpods for a while now and i want these to blow them out of the water. I also have a pair of ath-m50 headphones, so i am hoping i can find an earphone as good as or even better than my m50's, if that's possible. I listen to my iphone and do not use an amp. I only use high-quality music files though. These also have to be comfortable since i will be using them daily. Thanks for your help

Sep 18, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 5
Hey buddy. There are soo many choices around this range, but there are three that I would look into.
Hifiman Re 400 Waterline (my recommendation goes to this one)
Shure se215 (very durable with a detachable cable, bit more bass heavy than the re 400s so u may like the sound sig more, and plus they sound very good all round)
Vsonic gr06 (great assortment of extras beyond just the buds. They sound great and build is solid. A bit cheaper than the other two named above if u want that)
Hope this helped!
Nusho

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 5
DT770 pro would more than fit the bill, very good all rounder in my opinion. I'm sure you can find a set used (the only way to go when possible) for close to $100. I had a set for well over a year and only sold them as I needed a smaller set, but man were they sweet. I drove them easily with a FiiOE11, but I'm sure most DAPs could power them well enough. Seriously a great choice for what you describe, I listen to much of what you described in your post.

Sep 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #4 of 5
  DT770 pro would more than fit the bill, very good all rounder in my opinion. I'm sure you can find a set used (the only way to go when possible) for close to $100. I had a set for well over a year and only sold them as I needed a smaller set, but man were they sweet. I drove them easily with a FiiOE11, but I'm sure most DAPs could power them well enough. Seriously a great choice for what you describe, I listen to much of what you described in your post.

Sorry if i did not make this clear. IEM not headphone. but thanks!

Sep 19, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #5 of 5
The Hifiman RE-400 should be a good choice or for $120 you can get the Rockit R-50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back