Best Earbuds Under $150 - SQ and Value for Money
Jun 9, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #16 of 30
Yes, please assume I'm the ignorant one. How ironic.
Don't stop there... I'm ready for whatever you've got.
Please tell me how ignorant I am, after owning nearly 300 headphones, IEMs and earbuds, and auditioning probably twice this ridiculous number of headphones over the past decade.
Go on...

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #17 of 30
Please tell me how ignorant I am, after owning nearly 300 headphones, IEMs and earbuds, and auditioning probably twice this ridiculous number of headphones over the past decade.
Go on...
I was only saying it was ignorant of you to assume I'm ignorant. Which is ironic. But please jump to whatever conclusion you feel like jumping to.

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #18 of 30
I was only saying it was ignorant of you to assume I'm ignorant. Which is ironic. But please jump to whatever conclusion you feel like jumping to.
That's cute of you to use the straw man argument.
I'm done here.

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #19 of 30
I'm done here.
Again, the irony is strong with you. Good riddance.

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #20 of 30
Thank you for entirely proving my point. :pray:
upload_2019-6-9_18-34-40.jpeg

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #21 of 30
Jun 9, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #22 of 30
OK... let's go through this slowly, hand in hand...

~
Indifference is the friend of ignorance.

Education should be celebrated. Please shed the shroud of ignorance.

A humorous reaction, with the intention to help and educate, no toxicity intended.

Yes, please assume I'm the ignorant one. How ironic.
Oh dear... an indirect personal attack. Looks like someone can't take a joke, or has no humility.

Go on...
Translation: Please elaborate on your weaksauce argument.

Here is the 'straw-man argumemt' - meaning you cannot argue your point.
Your point being 'how ironic it is that I assume you are ignorant'

I'm done here.
Simple reaction.

Simple reaction.

Thank you for entirely proving my point. :pray:

Haha, I guess bright isn't your favorite color.
Direct personal attack on my intelligence.

So. In a nutshell.
I was trying to teach you something new.
Your fragile ego couldn't handle being ignorant about something.
So you resorted to direct personal attacks.

Please leave your ego at the door before you enter the 'help and recommendations' forum. This is a place of education.

Jun 9, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #23 of 30
OK... let's go through this slowly, hand in hand...

~
A humorous reaction, with the intention to help and educate, no toxicity intended.

Oh dear... an indirect personal attack. Looks like someone can't take a joke, or has no humility.

Translation: Please elaborate on your weaksauce argument.

Here is the 'straw-man argumemt' - meaning you cannot argue your point.
Your point being 'how ironic it is that I assume you are ignorant'

Simple reaction.

Simple reaction.

Direct personal attack on my intelligence.

So. In a nutshell.
I was trying to teach you something new.
Your fragile ego couldn't handle being ignorant about something.
So you resorted to direct personal attacks.

Please leave your ego at the door before you enter the 'help and recommendations' forum. This is a place of education.

My whole point was that while I understand the distinction between IEM and earbuds, >99% of the population doesn't really care as it's an otherwise irrelevant piece of knowledge except to a few headphone nerds, so I usually don't bother to make that distinction myself as I generally prefer to explain things in layman's terms. You then proceeded to accuse me of ignorance, making all kinds of assumptions about me which in itself was ignorant on your part, hence the irony. You then proceeded to call my argument a straw man, which in itself was a straw man, which again was ironic. That you failed to see that implied to me that you may not be the most intelligent person, or at least lack the ability to be self-critical and analyze your own reaponses. I'll admit that jumping to that conclusion on my part based on such a small sample of your intellectual ability was perhaps premature, but that didn't stop you from resorting to the same so in that sense we're even.

And if we're going to talk about leaving ego at the door, please take a look in the mirror. You felt the need to brag about having listened to hundreds of headphones, as if that was supposed to be impressive. That was a very egoic statement on your part. If you fail to see that, then my assumptions about your intelligence are only being affirmed.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #24 of 30
My whole point was that while I understand the distinction between IEM and earbuds, >99% of the population doesn't really care as it's an otherwise irrelevant piece of knowledge except to a few headphone nerds, so I usually don't bother to make that distinction myself as I generally prefer to explain things in layman's terms. You then proceeded to accuse me of ignorance, making all kinds of assumptions about me which in itself was ignorant on your part, hence the irony. You then proceeded to call my argument a straw man, which in itself was a straw man, which again was ironic. That you failed to see that implied to me that you may not be the most intelligent person, or at least lack the ability to be self-critical and analyze your own reaponses. I'll admit that jumping to that conclusion on my part based on such a small sample of your intellectual ability was perhaps premature, but that didn't stop you from resorting to the same so in that sense we're even.

And if we're going to talk about leaving ego at the door, please take a look in the mirror. You felt the need to brag about having listened to hundreds of headphones, as if that was supposed to be impressive. That was a very egoic statement on your part. If you fail to see that, then my assumptions about your intelligence are only being affirmed.
Way to argue a strawman with another strawman. Oof.

Jun 9, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #25 of 30
@starfly while I appreciate the suggestion for an IEM but as I mentioned in the original post I am looking for earbuds, due to the distinct advantages and differences they provide to IEM in an office environment ( easy on off, comfort, less isolation) . In my view on a dedicated audio site such as head fi I think most people on here would appreciate the difference between the two.

But thanks @GREQ , @tomb for the great input regarding earbuds

And thanks anyway @KimChee and @starfly for your separate suggestions on some good IEMs also which while not on topic, I am still happy to now know about

So many good options out there for head fiers these days! Let's avoid arguments

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #27 of 30
I've been very happy with with my iBasso IT01-- suggest you look at them if you're still deciding.
This is an IEM, not an earbud.

IEMs have tips that go inside the ear canals, sealing them.
upload_2019-6-10_9-33-19.png

Earbuds do not have tips. Only some foam sponge for comfort and bass tuning. They do not seal the ear canal.
31MA1RJG1XL.jpg

Jun 10, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #28 of 30
If you want good bass from buds, looks into the Vido, and Kube V1.

Vido can be found on amazon, aliexpress, taobao etc. usually between $2-4, and the price/performance is legendary. A bit more v-shaped signature, kinda bass heavy.
But from China, can take a couple weeks to arrive.

Hi @GREQ

Thanks again for this suggestion. I am looking into these which are a bit difficult to find. I have found the Vido on Aliexpress - listed as "**** DIY VIDO Earbud" for about $5

However what I am still unsure ofis whether there are products in the higher price ranges e.g $30-100 which would be substantially better than these ? I would prefer to spend a bit more on 1 or 2 higher quality set of earbuds than have 4-5 cheaper ones that do not perform as well if you know what I mean

Or in terms of earbuds sound quality is the sweet spot under $20, and only difference being sound signature?

Thanks in advance

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #29 of 30
Having never heard a bud over $30, I can't give a solid answer.
But from all the hype in the Earbud Roundup thread, the sound quality of these buds is real.
Compared with my more expensive buds (up to $30), it's as you say - mostly a change in signature.

I also have Sabia Elibud V6 and ANN200, which both are vastly different in tuning/tonality to the Vido and Kube, but overall 'quality' isn't leaps and bounds higher.
The fact is, they're all great and I enjoy all of them regardless of price, even compared to many of my full-size headphones, I'll take the buds for all-day comfort and lower sound fatigue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back