Best Earbuds Under $100 with Great Bass?
Nov 6, 2011 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

fates

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I currently own the 9Wave NW Studio plastic. It's a great earbud but it lacks bass which sucks because I listen to a lot of hip hop. Could anyone please recommend me some other earbuds (no in ear or over the ear models) that have good sound stage / mids and highs / and awesome bass for under $100? Thanks! 

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #3 of 20
Bose IE2 fits more like earbuds and they offers rich full bodied bass with good mids n highs. The others are like Audio Technica earbuds, PK2, Beyerdynamics, AKG, Altec Lansing, Fischer Audio and Denon.

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 20
Try and find a used Future Sonic Atrio M5

Nov 6, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 20
hello fates,

Most likely earbuds won't get you the hard-hitting low-end and reverb you require. However, a great choice would be to look for an used sennheiser mx 9 series that generally will be ~100.

Nov 6, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 20

Quote:
Hey everyone, I currently own the 9Wave NW Studio plastic. It's a great earbud but it lacks bass which sucks because I listen to a lot of hip hop. Could anyone please recommend me some other earbuds (no in ear or over the ear models) that have good sound stage / mids and highs / and awesome bass for under $100? Thanks! 

Awesome bass in earbuds? You're kidding me.

Nov 7, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #7 of 20
Awesome bass? From an earbud? Sorry, but I think you're going to have to venture into IEM land if that's what you're after.

Nov 7, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #8 of 20
I am burning in a pair of earbuds from TFTA. The first thing that stands out is the bass. It offers more bass than any other earbuds I have ever used, even compared to the Yuin PK3, which is regarded to have some of the best bass for earbuds.

The mids and highs are good but I wont comment any further as I need to burn them in and if the PK3's are anything to go by, these should open up quite a lot.

So my recommendation for earbuds with good bass would be the TFTA earbuds.

Nov 7, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #9 of 20
@navmau
Have you tried the senn mx980? I doubt that your buds bass is no match for 980's bass and soundstage.
Sorry just in a mood for boasting my buds lol. Price is crazy though..

Mx470/471 has great bass too though imho..

Nov 7, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #10 of 20

Quote:
I am burning in a pair of earbuds from TFTA. The first thing that stands out is the bass. It offers more bass than any other earbuds I have ever used, even compared to the Yuin PK3, which is regarded to have some of the best bass for earbuds.

The mids and highs are good but I wont comment any further as I need to burn them in and if the PK3's are anything to go by, these should open up quite a lot.

So my recommendation for earbuds with good bass would be the TFTA earbuds.

I think Nav, its over his budget, as the TFTA's are 150$  but agreed, great bass response!

@OP:
For $100 and under, i would say the EX500's where good (after-burn-in)

Although I would strongly suggest investing a little more (although that's 50% more than you wanted to spend), and get the TFTA's

I think people are getting worked up about you using earbuds...lol
I think you meant IEM's but didn't know hwo to say it

Nov 7, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #11 of 20
Fates, 

As you probably aren't quite familiar, there are few iems and cans out there with a "perfect" balance of mids/highs/lows and soundstage. Furthermore, it is widely considered that earbuds are inferior to isolated/closed monitors and headphones mainly due to the unreliability of its design. This is the main point most of the posters here are insinuating. But then again it's less of a negative thing. There are trade-offs for comfort. Once again if you absolutely adamant in purchasing an earbud, check out the review threads floating around.

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #12 of 20
Don't listen to anyone who said you cant get it, they have no idea what they are talking about.  Get a used MX980 and get back here and rub it in their faces.

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #13 of 20
That's like being the smartest kid with Down's Syndrome.
popcorn.gif

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #15 of 20

Quote:
I think Nav, its over his budget, as the TFTA's are 150$  but agreed, great bass response!

Nah, I got the $50 earbuds (the black plastic ones) not the  $150. The XB IEMs are $150 though.
I am still not sure if the OP meant IEM or conventional earbuds so I am just going on earbuds.

Quote:
@navmau
Have you tried the senn mx980? I doubt that your buds bass is no match for 980's bass and soundstage.
Sorry just in a mood for boasting my buds lol. Price is crazy though..
Mx470/471 has great bass too though imho..

I haven't used the 980's but the TFTA earbuds have better bass than the MX470 IME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back