Best earbuds for Heavy Metal (big companies)
Jul 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ChaosAngel

New Head-Fier
Hello head-fi community.
I just joined to see if someone can help me get a decent earbuds that satisfy my needs.

I'm a big fan all kinds of music, and I listen all genres, but without a doubt what I listen most is heavy metal.

I'm looking for a really nice set of noise cancelling earbuds hopefully under the 150$ price range. But please do not hesitate to suggest on suggesting something that jumps that barrier.

Problem is, I need them to be from big name companies such as Sony, Bose, Panasonic etc, because I don't live in the US, and it's easier for me to find them at a local store if they are manufactured by a big name company.

I'm planning to use them on IPod, IPhone and IPad.

Hope you can help me.
Have a nice day.

Jul 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #2 of 11
Metal fan here.  If you can make the jump, I'd go for vsonic GR07s. got to try a pair of my friends recently, and they are just stellar.  Well worth the price.

Jul 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 11
Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately I'm not able to buy those earbuds in a local store, I already checked and my best shot to get those is ordering via Internet.

Problem is I have a flight in 2 days and I need the best earbuds to satisfy my need for my trip.
Any other suggestion?

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 11
Do you like extra bass, or a more neutral sound?

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #6 of 11
Shure SE215's? or if you want Extra bass get Bestbuy or somewhere to match online prices of the Monester Turbines or Turbine pro golds?

for cheaper there's the Sennheiser 300CX II's and I have heard that the Sol republic inear's are not that bad, I just can't think of stuff in the way of in ear's that a big box store would sell?

The klipsch Image S4's are ok but $150 will get you something a lot better, there are the X10's but I dout a store will carry those.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #7 of 11
Believe it or not, but you can find the X10 on Amazon for $130 or sub-$100 when they are on sale.

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #8 of 11
You might like the Sony MDR-XB90EX, however the much less expensive MDR-XB60EX might be much easier to find in a store.

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #10 of 11
I like the UE 700, the sound is very good, but the quality of the cable is really poor. I own this pair of in-ears since December 2012 and the cable already broke twice, although I really take good care of them. However, UE sent me a second pair, I keep them in reserve in case the first pair breaks entirely.

Jul 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #11 of 11
Thanks everyone for your answers.
I couldn't answer sooner cause I went to my trip.
In the end I decided that I should wait and avoid the rush since I wanted to really be sure of my purchase.
I have been finding out more information so you guys can narrow my path of IEM a bit more.
Please, feel free in another post I'm going to make.

Thanks a ,it for your answers once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back