Best Earbuds for Beginner
Dec 18, 2012 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

pops

New Head-Fier
I have only owned a variety of skull candy and "off brand" headphones and prefer ear buds. I wanted to buy beats tour for Xmas but most reviews I read say they're not at all worth the price. I'll have $150 and want something with bass that will make me flinch. I'm also considering headphones but something built with minimal bulk. Any suggestions?

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 17
Do yourself a favor and skip the Beats Tour. For under $20 the JVC HA-FX101 has plenty of bass and great clarity. Once you try this, you will be surprised at how much quality JVC can deliver for a tiny amount. You should also buy the JVC HA-S160 headphone for around $12.  It is quite compact and has excellent sound. Search for reviews of these on the forums.

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #6 of 17
Do not get the Beats Tour. Just don't. I recommend the Brainwavz B2. They are about $120 on Amazon and lower in the streets. They are IEMs though so it might take some time to get used to the fit. 

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

UE700 and bass that will make him flinch? Come on now.
tongue.gif

Dec 22, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #12 of 17
Do not get the Beats Tour. Just don't. I recommend the Brainwavz B2. They are about $120 on Amazon and lower in the streets. They are IEMs though so it might take some time to get used to the fit. 

He asked for bass that will make him flinch and you recommend Brainwavz b2? You shouldn't recommend it just because it fits your taste, an analytical iem is not what the op is looking for.

OP - check out Atrio MG7, great iem for bass head. You should also check out triple.fi 10, you may be able to find them in the buy/sell section on headfi, though they're discontinued now (warranty issue).

Headphone wise, try ath-m50. I'm listening to my roommate's m50 as I'm typing this. It doesn't have an incredible amount of bass, but it's impactful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back