Best earbuds/earphone under 50$ reommandation?~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oct 27, 2014 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jamesgz

New Head-Fier
Hi, this will be my first time buying a earphone.

I am looking for a earphone around 50$ to replace my old iphone earbuds. I want to use it to listen to hip-pop, rap and play video games. Volume control really doesn’t matter, but I would like it to have a inline control that can let me pause/ play or skip music. I also need a decent noise cancelling and a decent isolation, but this is the least important. The most important thing I am looking for is the sound, maybe a bit bass. It would be good if it looks nice too.

Can you recommend an earphone for me?

I am currently looking at SteelSeries Flux In-Ear 

Thank you:)

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 9
  Hi, this will be my first time buying a earphone.

I am looking for a earphone around 50$ to replace my old iphone earbuds. I want to use it to listen to hip-pop, rap and play video games. Volume control really doesn’t matter, but I would like it to have a inline control that can let me pause/ play or skip music. I also need a decent noise cancelling and a decent isolation, but this is the least important. The most important thing I am looking for is the sound, maybe a bit bass. It would be good if it looks nice too.

Can you recommend an earphone for me?

I am currently looking at SteelSeries Flux In-Ear 

Thank you:)

Hi,
I am no expert, but many people recommend the Xiaomi Piston 2.0 to people searching for budget earphones. I haven't heard them myselve, but according to what I have heard they are a bit bassy, look good and have decent build quality. Unfortunately it does not have an inline control, but I have not seen much earphones under $50 having an inline control.

-Erwa

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 9
I know from my experience the philips she 3590 is pretty great for the price. I've also heard the panasonic rp hje 120 and those aren't bad either. I know radioshack has a few klipsch s4 for under 50 right now. They are pretty great.

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #6 of 9
The pistons are good. If you buy it, make sure it is from a reputable seller and that is is over $20. Anything under is a fake and sounds like garbage

The TTPOD T1 and the T1E have been getting rave reviews. Both are dual dynamic driver and they apparently sounds much better then their price.
They also look sexy :)

The Vsonic ones mentioned are also good

Ostry KC06 are also pretty good. Isolation is not that good on them though. They have great mids but I personally think everything else is a bit washed out. Should read more reviews on these though.

The headphones I mentioned all are well known for sounding much better then their price range.

If you are willing to spend 10 dollars more, you should check out the Havi B3 Pro1. People are claiming it sounds better then headphones costing 2-3x more expensive.

Good luck, I myself was in the same place you were in some time ago. Part of the fun is in the hunt!

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #7 of 9
The pistons are good. If you buy it, make sure it is from a reputable seller and that is is over $20. Anything under is a fake and sounds like garbage

The TTPOD T1 and the T1E have been getting rave reviews. Both are dual dynamic driver and they apparently sounds much better then their price.
They also look sexy :)

The Vsonic ones mentioned are also good

Ostry KC06 are also pretty good. Isolation is not that good on them though. They have great mids but I personally think everything else is a bit washed out. Should read more reviews on these though.

The headphones I mentioned all are well known for sounding much better then their price range.

If you are willing to spend 10 dollars more, you should check out the Havi B3 Pro1. People are claiming it sounds better then headphones costing 2-3x more expensive.

Good luck, I myself was in the same place you were in some time ago. Part of the fun is in the hunt!

Problem with the Havi is that it requires an amp to maximize performance thanks to its high impedance. As a result, your batteries also drain a lot faster, so I would no recommend them for portable use unless he's going to be an amp.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #8 of 9
The Sounmagic ES18S is low priced and sounds great.  
I have the regular ES18 without the controls. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/598627/review-soundmagic-es18-measured

http://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-ES18S-Headphone-Microphone-Gunmetal/dp/B00N6SHAJC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1414547364&sr=8-3&keywords=ES18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back