BEST EARBUD? BOSE IN EAR, SENNHEISER MX-90, AUDIO-TECHNICATH-CM700ti, or YUIN PK1
Oct 31, 2006 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

lolos

100+ Head-Fier
Goal: Best SQ in the most comfortable EARBUD not IEM available.

Budget: leave it open for now

Please only who tried any of these earbuds can give us their actual feedback. On other words, no BOSE bashing if you haven't listened to their products
redface.gif

Thanks in advance
etysmile.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 44
Oh good lord, are we really including the Yuin PK1 in these comparisons now?

Oct 31, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Oh good lord, are we really including the Yuin PK1 in these comparisons now?

What if it actually IS good? Just ignore it because of the weird situation with the promotion? IMO, good earbuds are a big shortage. Might as well give them a shot. By the way, you said 'earbud NOT IEM,' so why include the Bose IEM? Also, a lot of people claim the Sennheiser MX500 is the best there is. Though your mention of the other Sennheiser bud may imply that they've started putting the MX500 drivers in those more fashionable housings.

Oct 31, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #6 of 44
Meyvn,

In fact I am a little confused regarding the BOSE IE - some call it not IEM and ear bud but it seems like an IEM to me!

I like earbuds because they are simple and easy to carry. However, every time my left ear tip fall off!! I am talking regarding earbuds in general. So if they BOSE IE is a hybrid between both and sounds good, it could be the ultimate earbud!

Evisu,

I just checked that post, you are right. Anyhow, I just found out there are two Yuin earbuds: PK1 (high impedance) and PK2 (low impedance) and the PK1 should sound better, but no reviews about either on yet
frown.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #7 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolos
LOL, I found someone mentioning them as good earbuds so I thought what the heck let's include them!

I thought they deleted that particular feedback thread? LOL!!!

Oct 31, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
What if it actually IS good? Just ignore it because of the weird situation with the promotion? IMO, good earbuds are a big shortage. Might as well give them a shot. By the way, you said 'earbud NOT IEM,' so why include the Bose IEM? Also, a lot of people claim the Sennheiser MX500 is the best there is. Though your mention of the other Sennheiser bud may imply that they've started putting the MX500 drivers in those more fashionable housings.

Frankly, I'd be really surprised if that bud was anything good. But hey, I wouldn't have guessed that the KSC35 would rock so hard.

In fact, the KSC35 + PSP is my favorite sounding portable setup at the moment. Seriously. The synergy there is something that my iPod / Bithead setup does not have with any of my phones.

Oct 31, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #10 of 44
I'm actually pretty interested in hearing some results from this topic. Right now I have the MX450 and MX500 and I still can't decide which one I like. MX450 definitely has punchier bass but I think the MX500 extends more.

Oct 31, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #12 of 44
Well I haven't tried the PK's or the AT's. But as far as the senns and the bose are concerned, The $25 MX-500's had a fuller sound than the Bose IE, regardless of the fact that the Bose had a lot more bass, because the Bose has no high-end extension, and the MX-500 have decent highs for an earbud. (I A-B'd them at the Bose Store) They are a good all-around earbud and will sound good will all music.
However if you listen to a lot of jazz, classical or any other music where detail is important, then the MX90s are the best at $79. They have a sound signature similar to the HD-595, although on a smaller scale and the detail rivals many IEMs. If you get a chance to listen to these, definitely check them out!
But my favorite all around earbud is the B&O A8. Very pricey at $160 but the combination of great detail and good bass in proportion to their size makes them good for any music. The MX-90s have better high-end detail, but are more reserved in the low end making them not the best choice for modern music (Hip Hop, Dance). But for jazz and classical the detail and soundstage cannot be beat in a earphone this size. They are like a concert on your ears!

Oct 31, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I thought they deleted that particular feedback thread? LOL!!!

The old mess has been removed.

There is new, member/owner/unaffiliated/non-discounted-buyer-started thread. Jdimitri bought a pair and started a proper, independent, legitimate thread. I added a post with explanation and just a brief preliminary comment. I offered to carry one of each of the 3 models to the Nov. 4 meet and gave them a thorough 24/7 burn in for the meet. I have no ownership or personal interest -- I'm just the courier.

Read the new thread if you're curious:

PK1 - jdimitri's thread

They'll be at the Nov. 4 NYC area meet for audition and critique. At this time they're priced at about $140, and boring to look at, but we'll give them an objective listen.

I just got KSC75 for about $12+ and it sounds better than I expected. When I get over a little cold I've got, I'll try to compare them with the PK1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back