Best ear pads material?
May 26, 2021 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tatsumaru

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I have a HD600 that needs an ear pads replacement and I am wondering whether to pick suede, velour or leather version.
I remember the original ones were comfy, I also tried the velour, but the velour for some reason soaks so much skin fat that it becomes really really nasty after a while.
What are your favorite ear pads materials and why? Thanks.

May 26, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #3 of 4
Hey guys,
I have a HD600 that needs an ear pads replacement and I am wondering whether to pick suede, velour or leather version.
I remember the original ones were comfy, I also tried the velour, but the velour for some reason soaks so much skin fat that it becomes really really nasty after a while.
What are your favorite ear pads materials and why? Thanks.
If you want to change the sound of your "factory sound" HD600s then go with a different cup-pad material.
If you want to keep the same sound, don't.

Correct answer?
Get all 3, then you have 3 different headphone sounds at your disposal that really alter the sound including the sound stage.

May 26, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #4 of 4
I have not tried anything else on the 600 except for the stock velour pads. I personally find velour and suede in general to be more comfortable than leather/pleather. Leather pads tend to get too hot for me, they also stick to the side of my face and ears after 20 minutes or so. Then again, I have not tried any Audeze's or higher end leather pads. But I find the velour pads from Sennheiser and Hifiman to be very breathable and comfortable for many hours of listening time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back