Best Ear BudsEver!
Sep 25, 2004 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

mchurgin

100+ Head-Fier
OK, After two weeks I have to tell you guys, The Apple in-ears with the EX71 tips are the best sounding earbuds I ever heard.
No, They are not in ear monitors. But if you weant ultra portable, Ultra comfortable then these are them. If you like the Grado, KSC35 sound then you have to love this setup.
I say they sound somewhere right between the two.
No, You wont get isolation anywhere near an E2, E3,E5, E4p (I have tried them all so I can make the comparison) You will get some islolation, more than a regular earbud obviously. But you will get a very nice sounding earbud that does not fall out. No microphonics, yet you can still hear if you are about to be run over by a car.
I know there has been a few posts about this setup but I just wanted to give my conclusion after a few weeks.
I would like to know if someone has tried this setup compared to the MD33's?
And before you start flaming about the Apple in-ears they are not expensive I say give them a try with the EX71 tips.

Sep 25, 2004 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 30
you're not saying these are better than the e5's?

you're talkin' buds right?

if that's the case, then there aren't too many other buds really:

mx400
ex71
apple
anymore?

whoever's king of that list should be very proud indeed.
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 30
The ex71 are in-ear, aren't they?
confused.gif

The king of all earbuds (not in-ear) is probably the Audio-Technica CM7Ti.
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie
The ex71 are in-ear, aren't they?
confused.gif

The king of all earbuds (not in-ear) is probably the Audio-Technica CM7Ti.
tongue.gif

The king of earbuds is definetely the MDR-E484D, those diamond driven buds look sexay and make me salivate like a madman, if I got some for 100 I'd be lucky. The Aiwa V9/99 may sound better, but they're ugly as a mofo...if I'm stickin something in my ear, I want it to be aurally and visually pleasing.

Sep 25, 2004 at 3:11 AM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

The king of earbuds is definetely the MDR-E484D, those diamond driven buds look sexay and make me salivate like a madman, if I got some for 100 I'd be lucky. The Aiwa V9/99 may sound better, but they're ugly as a mofo...if I'm stickin something in my ear, I want it to be aurally and visually pleasing.

Just wondering, but have you heard these earphones? ...or compared them to some of the better known ones? (MX500, E888)
I can't find much info on them.

Sep 25, 2004 at 6:34 AM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Just wondering, but have you heard these earphones? ...or compared them to some of the better known ones? (MX500, E888)

The E888's are going for classical music. However, their buds are too big, and they won't fit small ears.

Sep 25, 2004 at 6:45 AM Post #7 of 30
The King of el' cheapo earbuds are I think the Philips HN060,noise cancellation at a nice USD39.99(RM150).It is an inear earphones and u can on/off the noise cancelation when ever u want it,the sound is nice and inteligible,with a nice bass to boot.It is truly a real bargain for its price

Sep 25, 2004 at 6:55 AM Post #8 of 30
I've gotta go with the CM7's. I've got the aluminum version and they sound great. I don't know if there's really anything else in their class. The EX71's and MD33's are canalphones, though they apparently do not sit as deeply as Shures and Ety's. As you'd expect, considering their price ($138 from Audio Cubes - includes S&H), they destroy the Senn MX's, along with various other buds I've heard - ahem, Sony, Aiwa, Phillips. And while that really isn't saying much, they really are good. Forget about isolation, though.

Sep 25, 2004 at 7:04 AM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Minimum
I've gotta go with the CM7's. I've got the aluminum version and they sound great. I don't know if there's really anything else in their class. The EX71's and MD33's are canalphones, though they apparently do not sit as deeply as Shures and Ety's. As you'd expect, considering their price ($138 from Audio Cubes - includes S&H), they destroy the Senn MX's, along with various other buds I've heard - ahem, Sony, Aiwa, Phillips. And while that really isn't saying much, they really are good. Forget about isolation, though.

nods, from the feedbacks i've read so far CM7 seems to lead the earbud table. definately get that when i get a portable player.

Sep 25, 2004 at 8:01 AM Post #10 of 30
The CM7's are the best sounding "buds" and no other buds are close. They sound better than an "unamped" Ety and they are almost as good as an "amped" Ety (but the Ety edges it out because it is more crisp).

The problem I have with the CM7's is that will not stay in. I can only get this incredible sound by holding them in my ears. I have moded them to make them fit but this is too much hassel. I seldom use them anymore. But they may be a perfect fit for someone's ear size.

Sep 25, 2004 at 9:09 AM Post #11 of 30
toaster22 said:
you're not saying these are better than the e5's?

you're talkin' buds right?

if that's the case, then there aren't too many other buds really:

No, I had the E5's for two years. They are not in the same league as the E5's. I am calling them buds because to me they more resemble a bud that sits slightly deeper in your ear compared to any of the in-ears. Even the Shure line which does not go in nearly as deep as the Ety's dont compare to what a little amount these Apple in-ears with the 71 tips need t go in to provide a seal. Thats why the isolation is probably only a few db's.

As far as other buds: They blow away the mx500 and I think they are better than the B&Oa8, which I know get mixed reviews here.

The whole package is what I'm impressed with, that is:
Size, Comfort, ease of use ( just stick em in like a bud and thats it, no constant fiddeling), longevity of use w/o issues, cord length,sound quality, (Very clear and good detail, rolled of high end kinda like the E5 but good bass, to me these factors equate to non fatiguing for long listening.

Sep 25, 2004 at 9:10 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by baies
The CM7's are the best sounding "buds" and no other buds are close. They sound better than an "unamped" Ety and they are almost as good as an "amped" Ety (but the Ety edges it out because it is more crisp).

The problem I have with the CM7's is that will not stay in. I can only get this incredible sound by holding them in my ears. I have moded them to make them fit but this is too much hassel. I seldom use them anymore. But they may be a perfect fit for someone's ear size.

personally i think u can't really compare the CM7 and etys.. since they feel different and sound different. plus, with the seal, you will feel very different listening to your music..

at least, thats how i perceive it to be.

Sep 25, 2004 at 3:37 PM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Nope; however, the incredible enthusiasm over them by other people I know just inflates my views of them, also the E888 are purportedly decent, although weak and the MX500 are just mushy compared to the 888. I do not own any half-decent earbuds at the moment so I can't back up any of these claims, but I pretty much suck in everything at this site, so I'd at least take it into consideration, but the fact that the E484 are so rare just kinda boosts this up.
600smile.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 4:01 PM Post #15 of 30
I find the MDR-E484 to be quite close to the of ER-4. ER-4 does give out a touch more detail and and the bass is more controlled. But noise isolation is shot, for obvious reason...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back