Best Ear Buds = ?
Oct 30, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #16 of 25
I really like the ATH-CM7's. I didn't even know the ATH-CM700ti model existed. I've been away from the site for a while. I'll have to do a search on them.

Oct 30, 2006 at 10:03 AM Post #18 of 25
Um1

Edit.. why do you want IEMs at home? For $55 you can get K81dj, better sound for less
Or MS1 for $100 if you don't mind open headphones, more comfortable than k81dj

Oct 30, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolos
I never heard of V-Moda before, have you compared it to other headphones?

And how is the new BOSE IE VS the ATH-CM700ti?

When you say BOSE IE doesn't isolate at all, it is like a regular ear bud isolation or better or worse? Because it shape is little different and I assume it should isolate better!

The V-Moda earbuds are quite a bit better than the Ipod apple earbuds. The base is quite impressive for an earbud, and I like the mids and highs. Pretty good balance - the overall sound is warm with a little emphasis on the bass. They are earbuds, so there's little isolation, but they're extremely confortable and very sturdy.

Oct 30, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evisu
Anyone here with both UM1 and CX300?
i would like to know which of them is more comfortable to wear for long hours.

I really don't think earbuds will give the best value for your money...in a nonportable situation. I think you should instead look into the full-size headphones. From what you said, I think MS1 will do the job nicely.

Oct 30, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #22 of 25
If you listen to a lot of jazz and classical, you should check out the Sennheiser MX90 or OMX90 (About 70-90$) the one that is pictured in my avatar. There is no earbud that has better detail, it rivals if not beats some IEMs. I find the CX300 too bassy and the V-Modas have a lot of siblance in the highs. They shred your ears after about 20 mins. If you can deal with the Senn. Twist to fit system try the MX90, they stay in place very well, increasing the SQ.

Oct 30, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by swagga
If you listen to a lot of jazz and classical, you should check out the Sennheiser MX90 or OMX90 (About 70-90$) the one that is pictured in my avatar. There is no earbud that has better detail, it rivals if not beats some IEMs. I find the CX300 too bassy and the V-Modas have a lot of siblance in the highs. They shred your ears after about 20 mins. If you can deal with the Senn. Twist to fit system try the MX90, they stay in place very well, increasing the SQ.

Swagga,

Have you compared the BOSE IE to the MX90? I am between both and the ATH-CM700ti. Which has better vocals and richer sound?

Thanks!

Oct 30, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolos
Swagga,

Have you compared the BOSE IE to the MX90? I am between both and the ATH-CM700ti. Which has better vocals and richer sound?

Thanks!

I demoed the Bose IE at the Bose Store, and I was not overly impressed. The IE's had decent Midrange and the vocals were nice, but the bass was boomy and overpowered everything. Also the highs were totally rolled off, there was no detail, no sizzle. I A-B'd between them and the Senn MX-500's I had in my pocket and the MX-500's had more high-end than the Bose. However, the bose had a lot of bass for the size of the earphones, It would probably please the bassheads. I don't know much about he AT's but the MX-90's are the only buds that I have heard that can reproduce an actual soundstage. The vocals are clear and upfront like a live performance, and even at low volumes you can hear background details of the music. They don't have a lot of boomy bass, so they are not the best for hip-hop and dance music, but they are the best for a lot of the old music, Jazz, classical etc. A great alternative if you dont like the feel of IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back