Best ear buds arround $50-$75
Sep 8, 2015 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Cocki

New Head-Fier
Hey gang, I need some ear-buds for school, I'm on campus 10 hours a day and just need something to listen to music with or watch youtube videos with. If Music preference is important id say all kinds of Rock to anything on Monstercats youtube/soundcloud channel. I prefer warmer sounding ear-buds. If you can find the ear-buds on amazon (prime) that would be great! my price point is basically $75, I just want some decent ear-buds that I won't feel bad about if I loose them or break them but quality would be nice too! 

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 16
After digging around it seems the HiFiMan RE-400 might be suitable: http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-re-400; however, you'll have to see if it's warm enough for you

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 16
After digging around it seems the HiFiMan RE-400 might be suitable: http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-re-400; however, you'll have to see if it's warm enough for you

sounds like the bass is pretty weak, granted that's almost what i'd expect for iems at that price point but the general consensus is that the bass is Comically weak, which is disappointing. Got any other suggestions? 

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 16
Perhaps the Klipsch R6: http://www.head-fi.org/products/klipsch-r6m-black-in-ear-headphone
I've tried its predecessor, the S4, and it offers a strong amount of bass for its price range (around $79).

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #5 of 16
  Perhaps the Klipsch R6: http://www.head-fi.org/products/klipsch-r6m-black-in-ear-headphone
I've tried its predecessor, the S4, and it offers a strong amount of bass for its price range (around $79).

I think those might be perfect! I was actualy looking at the s4 before the post. I can actually get them for $76 from amazon directly! thanks dude the reviews of those are great!

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #6 of 16
No problem, glad I could help 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #11 of 16
Try the Ostry KC06A - great bottom end, vocals are great for the price and highs are laid back. Warm and delicious sounding.

Sep 9, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #12 of 16

I think those might be perfect! I was actualy looking at the s4 before the post. I can actually get them for $76 from amazon directly! thanks dude the reviews of those are great!

The ath im50 kills the s4 easily in all departments, of course the down side is the size, fit is good for larger ear size. One of the best bass (not boomy muffled) I've heard (se846 level bass), with decent highs. Otherwise Ostry (mentioned above) or some vsonic products are vastly better than the klipsch models.

Sep 9, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #14 of 16

NOOOOO if you're wanting a warm sound Klipsch is exactly the opposite! Klipsch's are very bright regardless is you've the S4 or the X7/11. The R6 is more heavier with respect to Klipsch's traditional sound seeing they're a reference class but still not warm. Though if you found the one you like for $135 that's cool beans too. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 9, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #15 of 16
Following a few links from this thread I came across the ATH IM70. Are most people satisfied with the bass response in these buds. The IM50 reviews on Azon were all over the place, bass suks, great bass so I was unsure about those.. I'm hoping  to get opinions from the members here. Before buying these @ or near 85 bux. The IM50 review guy mentioned brainwavz S5 ear tips for better overall frequency response. I haven't located a place to get info on those yet. Anyone else like the larger orifice S5 tips?

Thank You all for sharing you personal experience in this hype driven product line.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back