Best Dynamic Range Compression Software for Games
Feb 22, 2014 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

chinarep

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I wanted to know if there is any software available that would allow me to compress the dynamic range of my computer's audio. 
I'm a competitive gamer and I've been using razersurround for quite some time now, but not because of the virtual surround sound. What I liked about razer surround is that there's an option to compress the dynamic range of your audio which they call "sound normalization". For music this is obviously terrible and causes loads of distortion, but for games it means you can hear even extremely quiet footsteps or other audio cues very easily. The problem with razer surround, however, is that it's pretty unreliable and often times I end up with no sound at all. In addition it means I have to use other bloatware like razer synapse. I was wondering if there is any other way for me to compress my audio while gaming. 
I don't think I need a sound card since I'm pretty sure dynamic range compression is done through software and I'm not particularly interested in virtual surround either since the games I play already have virtual surround built in for headphone users. Also, my onboard sound software does allow me to do dynamic range compression, but it's not very effective and there doesn't seem to be any way to increase the effect (my onboard drivers are VIA Envy HD version 6.0.10.1200 and I'm running Win 8.1). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back