Best DVD playing software for PC
Jun 24, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
I use VLC, actually. Quite a good program.

Here's a link...

gs1000.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
I use Nvidia's Purevideo decoders, Zoomplayer as the frontend, and for post processing I have ffdshow and another program for the upscaling (Dscaler I think), and AC3Filter for decoding. Yay for complications but only cost $15 for the decoders.

I use the same stuff except I use dscaler as my decoder.

Jun 24, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #19 of 23
Media Player Classic

Jun 24, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Stupid question.... is that the same as windows medial player?
confused.gif

No, it has a similar interface to the old Windows Media Players, but it is far more adaptable to formats and what not. It excels WMP in almost every aspect when it comes to playing files (not generating playlists and what not though). It is also very simple to use. A great program.

Aditya

Jun 24, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Stupid question.... is that the same as windows medial player?
confused.gif

no, it is a media player with small memory footprint that handles nearly everything and has a really simple interface. Google mpc.

Jun 24, 2006 at 3:28 PM Post #22 of 23
Mplayer.

Jun 25, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean
I use the same stuff except I use dscaler as my decoder.

Dscaler does decoding now? Sweet. One of the main reasons why I went with the Nvidia Purevideo decoders was for the hardware accelerations. Running fullscreen while decoding DTS in software with a normal decoder isn't too computationally intensive. But adding the control to have a much higher quality upscaling really can increase my CPU load so I wanted to have the hardware accelerations. However, Dscaler is a much more efficient upscaler for the quality it gives than what I was trying to do with the stock upscaling filters in ffdshow. I probably should find out to see if I get any of the advertised visual improvements in the decoders if I do not use NVidia's post-processor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back