Best durable IEM, or Bud you can wear to bed.
Dec 16, 2009 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

xguntherc

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. I need some advice here. I don't want, or need to spend lots of money on something too nice but I got my step dad some TF10s when they were $99 but they are to large, and he doesn't fully appreciate the good sound. He just thinks they sound nice n that's all. And there's no way in he'll u can sleep with them on ur side

I want to get some heavy duty IEMs but I think something like the PK3 or similar buds would work really well also because he loved his stock apple buds for a long time but they are falling apart, the rubber on the sides is gone and they are uncomfortable now.

Should I just get another apple bud. Or will the PK3 work well. I'm worried about it's cords durability tho

any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 11
Any other suggestions guys.

Is the PK series pretty durable. I use mine somewhat often but lately my TF10s got alll the interest. And I'm really careful with everything I own.

Would the PK series stand up ok to some average abuse, getting sleeper on and bunched up and thrown into a pocket?? Cuz my step dad might not be to extremely careful

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PK1's cable is one of the worst cables I've ever tried.

If it's worse than the ER6i's cable, you're really saying something.

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 11
SoundMAGIC PL-50.

3689588521_3fb1028c63.jpg

Dec 17, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #8 of 11
Another vote on PL50. PL30 I believe would be great cheap alternative as well. They both have a very flat tiny housing and go over ear, which usually are more ideal for sleeping. TF10 is part of the worst you can mess with in your bed.
biggrin.gif

Just the cable on my OK1 is equal to a EP-630 - not the best.

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #10 of 11
I have been wearing the sennheiser cx300 to sleep for the past 4 months. Love the sound and comfort. CHEAP too! Sound is sweet enough to wear them for working out as well.

I listen to the e530's when on the move and HD600's when in office and on the couch. Both powered with a Corda 3Move.

I am very happy with all three setups.

Dec 17, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #11 of 11
Lots of people seem to use the pl50 for sleeping..... so much that im actually thinking about buying a pair on those specifically for that use...

I like to sleep with earplugs and got used to it, but what sucks about this is that i also like to listen to music while falling asleep, so using comfy IEMs with a smooth sound (which pl50 allegedly are) and good isolating foam tips (shure olives?) would seem like a great idea.

Can anybody who use that combo (pl50+foam tips) confirm that they give an isolation comparable to earplugs?

I hope i'm not hijacking the thread, it seems to me that it fits quite well in the topic and creating an additional thread would be superfluous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back