Best Durable Headphones for About $50
Apr 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

KKees

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm starting this thread because my cousin needs a new pair of headphones. Here's the thing she goes through headphones like crazy buying a new pair like every month or two. Therefor she has a budget of about $50 dollars to spend, no more than $70. I'm looking for something that is VERY durable, built like a tank. Forget cases she won't use them I just need something that will take a beating. Sound quality isn't a big deal because she's not really used to audiophile worthy headphones. Comfort would definitely be nice but if it's not possible we can work around with that. Style is whatever. Preferably something with a removable cable. Durability really is key here. She doesn't like in ears, but any on ear/over ear/ around ear or whatever will do. Thanks guys hope you can help!

Here's the Criteria:
Sound Quality: Anything (Preferably decent) 
Style: She want's style of course, but honestly its not a big deal.
Comfort: Comfort would really be nice (Not a Must..)
Durability: Very Important (Should be a 10/10 on durability) 
Features: Should be on-ear/over-ear (Not in-ears). A removable cable preferably. 

Thank you guys looking forward to what you come up with. 

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 11
The cheapest headphone I know that has a removable cable and what feels like solid build quality is the Monoprice 8323. The only other option in your price bracket that comes to mid is the Superlux HD668B. 

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 11
Apr 26, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 11
^ Get the Koss TBSE1 headphones, great for mid range and vocals. Needs an amp if using a small mp3 player but my zune hd runs it to sufficient levels. The fiio e5 would also help if you need extra power. These sound great and I highly recommend! I suggest reading the koss pro dj 100-the budget king thread in this forum to get all the details.

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #5 of 11
Samson, superlux, JVC (Rx700) etc.

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #8 of 11
To match style, sound, and durability, Koss is the key. Go TBSE1 or DJ100.

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #11 of 11
DJ100 can often be found for under $60. You can probably run them over with a tank and if they don't survive, get a full replacement from Koss.
Remember, it's a "no questions asked" warranty
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back