Best Durable Headphone Under 150 bucks?
May 9, 2020 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RoySama

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a durable headphone under 150 bucks and came across Vmoda Lp 2 and Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 80 ohm. Beyerdynamic doesn't seem to have a detachable cable which is a minus for durability since I cant replace them.
As for Usage I will be mostly using them watching anime and listening to Jpop and that's pretty much it. so the sound comes second.

May 9, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #2 of 7
From a durability perspective, my old ATH-M50 took a serious beating while I had them. I took em outside to the beach, camping, traveling and often outside in the sun and they still work fine today. I replaced the pleather on both headband and earpads and the cable. My oldest daughter still has them, they are at least 10yo.

Look for a headphone with easily found replaceable parts.

May 9, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 7
If you are willing to mod your headphones a pretty popular mod for Beyerdynamic cans is to do a detachable cable mod. While I haven't done it, it doesn't seem too hard if you're willing to solder. Not to mention that Beyerdynamic makes some really tough headphones.

May 9, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #5 of 7
From a durability perspective, my old ATH-M50 took a serious beating while I had them. I took em outside to the beach, camping, traveling and often outside in the sun and they still work fine today. I replaced the pleather on both headband and earpads and the cable. My oldest daughter still has them, they are at least 10yo.

Look for a headphone with easily found replaceable parts.
I would say that audio technique and durability do not go hand in hand, the plastic is not of very good quality and it is not comfortable either, at least for me it was quite uncomfortable.

May 9, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #6 of 7
Beyerdinamic is well known for being very well built, the default is that they do not have a detachable cable but if you know how to use tools in case it breaks you can easily make an entry for a detachable cable.
I would recommend the V-moda Crossfade wireless I see them for 100 dollars on amazon many times and according to what they tell me it has the same sound as the M-100.

May 9, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #7 of 7
I am looking for a durable headphone under 150 bucks and came across Vmoda Lp 2 and Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 80 ohm. Beyerdynamic doesn't seem to have a detachable cable which is a minus for durability since I cant replace them.
As for Usage I will be mostly using them watching anime and listening to Jpop and that's pretty much it. so the sound comes second.

The Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros are super durable, built like a tank and comfortable. Detachable cable. It has 4 tuning buttons to change the sound signature from basshead to neutralish. Not the best in details/technicalities, but I've dumped it in bags and all and after 2 years, I have no complaints about QC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back