Best Dubstep Headphones Max $600 with Valour ear cups NOT LEATHER ear cups!
Oct 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

marcomcse

New Head-Fier
I wanted to post this because there is a lot of different answers for this question and I wanted to be as detailed as possible about my specific situation. The Genre of music I listen to is very bass heavy. I have an Fiio E09k for my head phone amp with the Fiio E17. My budget is under $600 dollars and would like to get great headphones that will make my ears have an eargasm when listening to this music. I do not want leather on my ears because after 1/2 hour it makes my ears sweat. It can be open or close as long as it's Valour. If you can please give me a top 5 of your picks with an unbiased opinion to help make this decision I will be very thankful. I have my top 2 but I do not want to post it so my opinion doesn't sway anyones opinion. To me making this investment is important because I'm going to purchase headphones this month. Once I make the decision and purchase the headphones I will post my comments below on why I bought them and how well they perform! Thank You for you time and please assist me on making this choice with a post below.

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 3
Ultrasone PRO 900
can be had on ebay around $350 and I think one or two are in the for sale here

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I wanted to post this because there is a lot of different answers for this question and I wanted to be as detailed as possible about my specific situation. The Genre of music I listen to is very bass heavy. I have an Fiio E09k for my head phone amp with the Fiio E17. My budget is under $600 dollars and would like to get great headphones that will make my ears have an eargasm when listening to this music. I do not want leather on my ears because after 1/2 hour it makes my ears sweat. It can be open or close as long as it's Valour. If you can please give me a top 5 of your picks with an unbiased opinion to help make this decision I will be very thankful. I have my top 2 but I do not want to post it so my opinion doesn't sway anyones opinion. To me making this investment is important because I'm going to purchase headphones this month. Once I make the decision and purchase the headphones I will post my comments below on why I bought them and how well they perform! Thank You for you time and please assist me on making this choice with a post below.

Heya,

I guess it will depend on what exactly you like most in your bass quality & quantity.

Really, I wouldn't bother with a $600 budget here. You could get a really nice headphone for $600 that happens to perform well for things like dubstep and other electronic bassy music, but also for everything in general. You could get something as simple as the Hifiman HE-400 with velour pads and do that and be done for well under budget. You could also just go for an Ultrasone PRO 2900 or PRO 900 for a velour bass cannon headphone as well; I would put more favor on the PRO 2900 unless you simply wanted it to be closed-back more.

That said, the M-Audio Q40 is about as bassy to me, for dub music, as the PRO900 for a lot less cash. You can get velour pads (Beyer DT770 pads specifically) that fit the Q40 just right. Makes them comfortable, velour covered, and they stay bassy. Very bassy. I preferred them to the PRO900 and the XB500 for bassy music. The only thing they didn't best for me was the Denon D5000, for bass, but the D5000 isn't velour so not an option for you. Another option is the Beyer DT770 80ohm. But the Q-40 is bassier.

By the way, make sure your E17's bass enhancement transfers that quality to the E9 when you're using it together with line-out. If it doesn't, just use the E17 itself. Almost all headphones that you'll be using for this purpose are going to be of medium to low impedance and the E9 will not be providing anything the E17 doesn't already do.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back