Best Drumming Over-Ear Headphones for under $200?
Aug 31, 2014 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

FunkDrummer

Head-Fier
Hi I'm currently looking for a set of over ear headphones that isolate well enough. The Shure SE215's are great imo, I just need something to use and add to my collection lol. 

I am looking for a sound that's slightly different from the Shure SE215's, something with a bit more treble response. I prefer a "U" shaped frequency that has nice mellow mids, but a "V" shaped frequency is not all that bad in my opinion. 
Detail is a must for me and separation of instruments is something that I would consider a necessity. 
Isolation is a crucial deciding factor, although this is AS important the overall sound quality. 

So far, I have narrowed it down to these headphones: 

Sennheiser HD 280 (The guy working at the music store said these are great. He said the mid range was good and it is a must)
Sennheiser HD 380 PRO (Heard this has a nice bass response and great mid range, isolation seemed to be very good) 
Shure SRH 440 (Shure fan boy here, :p Close to the Shure SE215 price range so HECK why not) 
Shure SRH 840 ("U" shaped frequency response from what I've heard, not sure about isolation) 
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro (Heard mixed reviews about these headphones, but bass-mid focused headphones are great imo) 
Audio Technica ATH-M50x ("V" shaped frequency and very common)
Audio Technica ATH-M40x (Better freq response and balance than the M50x?) 

Help would be appreciated thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back