Best DIY amp?
Jun 8, 2003 at 4:25 PM Post #16 of 26
You guys are lucky you guys have/had your dads to help. My dad said he would be of no part of any of my projects and laughed at my projects. Now, he's getting me to build stuff for him. =)

Jun 8, 2003 at 4:41 PM Post #17 of 26
Perhaps order a Gilmore kit from Headamp.com , if Antness is still offering them.

Otherwise, you might consider building Ppl's insane discrete amp or one of Peranders' designs (while these amps haven't been conclusively reviewed, they seem to be somewhat better than a Cmoy
wink.gif
))...

...and if all else fails, build a crazy META42 using a Jung Super Regulator power supply. That oughta keep you busy for awhile.

...now, if you think you can convince your dad to spring for some Stax 404s, build yourself a KGSS (the Current Domain Electrostatic amp in the HeadWize library), or, better yet, a Blue Hawaii/Weebl (which is really an extensive upgrade to the KGSS).

Jun 8, 2003 at 5:04 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
Perhaps order a Gilmore kit from Headamp.com , if Antness is still offering them.

Otherwise, you might consider building Ppl's insane discrete amp or one of Peranders' designs (while these amps haven't been conclusively reviewed, they seem to be somewhat better than a Cmoy
wink.gif
))...

...and if all else fails, build a crazy META42 using a Jung Super Regulator power supply. That oughta keep you busy for awhile.

...now, if you think you can convince your dad to spring for some Stax 404s, build yourself a KGSS (the Current Domain Electrostatic amp in the HeadWize library), or, better yet, a Blue Hawaii/Weebl (which is really an extensive upgrade to the KGSS).

And there's the PPA.

Jun 8, 2003 at 5:14 PM Post #19 of 26
Yeah, but the PPA isn't officially out yet.

It does belong on the list though, so why don't you consider that one too, lifeonaplate?
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2003 at 6:53 PM Post #21 of 26
Could I get a link to PPL's insane discrete amp?

Oh, and I forgot to mention,
this.

Jun 10, 2003 at 11:17 AM Post #23 of 26
Anyone else know where the thread/site is located?

Jun 10, 2003 at 1:37 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343

wink.gif
))...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back