Best Discreet & Comfortable Headphones.
Jun 21, 2009 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

odalanizi

New Head-Fier
Hey folks,

I guess the "In Ear Headphones" is what I'm referring to. I currently only have Grado's SR60's as my main headpones, and they do the trick. However, I need something -- that is;

-- portable
-- discreet
-- sounds good
-- under 200 $ (bonus points for under 150 $)
-- And most importantly, I don't want anyone to hear what I'm listening too. No one must know I like the spice girls. J/k (or am I?)

so, let's hear it? (pun) and where would be the best place to purchase them online? thanks... this community is badass'ed.

Jun 21, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 10
Oh, I should mention that I will be using these headphones when I'm studying, like in the library or quitely in my room -- and so I'll be mostly be listening to:

Classical music; specifically Bach - Unaccompanied Violin and Cello and Jazz (Coltrane/Bird)

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #7 of 10
Damn... that sucks;

"The Audéo Online Store is currently only available for visitors from the US and Canada."

I'm currently overseas! Why shut out the store by IP address? why not just disallow foreign credit cards or something. Sigh...

Also... I just checked this review:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...one-review.php

and unfortunately, they seem to be not very comfortable and not good for sleeping! D'oh! I really want something COMFORTABLE.

suggestions?

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #8 of 10
I've rounded it down to:

-- Klipsch IMAGE S4
(these ones are surprisingly out of stock in all online stores I checked...)

and

-- Ultimate Ears SuperFi 3

Unless someone can give me a good link for an online store that accepts PAYPAL and sells the PHANAK PFE's???

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #9 of 10
The reviewer is one of the few people who does not find them comfortable. I think if you do some more reading you will find the majority of people find them extremely comfortable with very few dissenters. I personally use my PFE's generally as a going to sleep IEM so I don't sleep in my IE8's or W3's instead. Some people don't even find the UM3X's to be comfortable, which to me were the most comfortable IEMS I have ever owned.

No comment on the S4's or SFI3's. Never heard either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back