Best detail/soundstage IEM under $350
Oct 23, 2020 at 9:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

alterndog

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I am looking for an IEM to complement my Futuresonic G10 which have great bass. I want something that has good detail and soundstage. I’ll mostly be using it for classic rock, female vocals, folk, bluegrass, and classical music. Looking for suggestions for the best option under $350. Thanks!

Oct 25, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 4
Moondrop Blessing is very good in this price range.
It's neutral with only a slightly boosted bass response, so if you are used to boosted bass they will sound lean until your brain adapts to it. Biggest strength is a very coherent, tight, detailed and textured sound. The nozzles are quite big though, so it's a challenge to fit them if your ear canals are not big.
Soundstage is good, but don't expect anything like the Sony IER-M9, which has incredible depth, layering and pinpoint imaging.

Another good choice would be a use Sony EX1000. very wide soundstage, high clarity, excellent bass quality and extension but controlled quantity. Weird fit and open design makes them rather useless outdoors.

Sony IER-M7 would be the smaller brother of the M9, very good imaging. Warm tuning with a little laid back signature. Great for classics and Jazz, not as good for Rock.

And another one with bigger bass response and punch would be the Sony XBA-N3.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 4
I haven't used G10 in a while so I'm a bit unsure about soundstage, I think Sony N3 would be a small step down in bass but a good general upgrade, better treble extension and it doesn't have that upper-mid dead spot (but is also not peaky).

For something just completely different, the Massdrop Plus maybe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back