Best desktop Amp/Dac combo for around the price of a Schiit Stack?
Sep 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

David164v8

New Head-Fier
The Schiit Magni/Modi looks fairly good in this price range, is there anything better value? I'm in the UK so that could limit my choices, but don't be afraid to suggest anything as importing is always an option. I'll use it for music mainly, I do play games but I'm fairly casual so its no big deal.

I have Sennheiser 598's, but I could be upgrading at some point and I'd like to be able to continue using this combo.

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 7
I also wouldn't over look the Audio-GD product line.  There's an older Compass model for a bit under $200, if I recall correctly here on the forum.  Also, the NFB-12 is quite a good product, too.  While the Schiit stack is nice (I owned the pair for a few weeks) I still think Audio-GD has pretty good offering when you consider what you get and for the price paid.

Sep 20, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #4 of 7
NFB-15.32 would give you enough power if you ever decide to go the planar headphones route.
The sound quality is really good, too 
cool.gif

Sep 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #7 of 7
Audio-gd is excellent, very good bang for the buck units. Schiit Modi and Magni are bright, and IMO don't really drive anything properly. If you were going to go Schiit, go for Asgard or Lyr. Later I may copy my post about Schiit from another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back