BEST DEAL I'VE EVER MADE ON EBAY- AKG 04300
Oct 8, 2008 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

jbusuego

500+ Head-Fier
I bought this on ebay-Excellent Cond. AKG  Professional Head Phones - eBay (item 140272611455 end time Oct-03-08 17:27:59 PDT) and it just arrived today. I tried it with my pioneer elite receiver just to make sure its working and I may say that it is AWESOME!!!!
icon10.gif
. I was thinking of not posting this here and maybe sell it for a profit but after hearing it, I change my mine and I'm keeping it. It is indeed in excellent condition  After some email exchanges with the owner I feel bad cause I didn't tell him that his buy it now price of $ is low and he made a mistake of listing the serial number () instead of
K1000. Anyway it was an opportunity and I took it.
Anybody tried their k1000 on HEED Canamp. Does the canamp have enought juice to drive this beast if not i'm selling it just like what I did with the rest of my headphones(k701, Grado sr60 both sold atsj5 still for sale) BTW Dan of Blackbird audio is selling his k1000 also on ebay and one of the pic shows his
k1000 being driven by Heed canamp. OK enough with the blah blah blah here are the pictures:

oh and the owner is so generous that he even send me this one for free. Now I really feel bad
icon10.gif
(ADCOM speaker selector)
2924553305_143a182e50_o.jpg

Oct 8, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4heckssake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice one. Enjoy!
I bet there are a few people now searching ebay for similar!

I wonder does anybody else sell AKG 04300?
popcorn.gif

Oct 8, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoewreck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder does anybody else sell AKG 04300?
popcorn.gif

try a different serial number cause i got that one already
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #8 of 33
Ignorance is bliss, play nice and don't tell him now!

It is very likely he is happy with the $500 since in his book he is selling an old pair of "weirdo" headphones to a poor soul on ebay :-D

Oct 8, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by CD44hi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ignorance is bliss, play nice and don't tell him now!

It is very likely he is happy with the $500 since in his book he is selling an old pair of "weirdo" headphones to a poor soul on ebay :-D

I guess. Thanks
wink.gif

Oct 8, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #10 of 33
Oh, btw, those are low serial number so they should have nice bass. The only thing with vintage is that they tend to rattle a bit in extremely dynamic passages (bass-rich).

Oct 8, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by CD44hi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, btw, those are low serial number so they should have nice bass. The only thing with vintage is that they tend to rattle a bit in extremely dynamic passages (bass-rich).

Thanks for the info and to tell you the truth this is the first time i've ever tried this kind of headphone and when you say "rattle a bit" is it bad?
wink.gif

Oct 8, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #12 of 33
No, not at all, it should not sound like a blown driver or the like. It is more like a gentle mechanical noise after the deep bass notes hit. No distortion of the sound at all, just the extra low level mechanical vibration that goes along with the sound.

I have experienced this with the older K1000 with the 0XXXX type serial number. I think Nik also mentioned about experiencing it a while ago. Honestly I would gladly trade a bit of mechanical vibration in exchange for that extra nice bass.
Enjoy

Oct 8, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #13 of 33
Wow, what a good deal!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #15 of 33
Is there any other company who can recable AKG1000 besides Stefan and Moon Audio?
wink.gif
Theyre quite expensive. I checked headphile (blackmax) but theyre not doing it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back