best DAP under $200?
Dec 2, 2012 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bik2101

1000+ Head-Fier
i've been out of audio for a while but trying to find something for a friend. looking for a DAP, preferably one with expandable memory that can also do lossless.

I would have recommended him a cowon J3 but i'm seeing that they are now discontinued. any recommendations? he doesn't have too much music, but has some stuff in lossless format that he'd like to keep that way. the J3 would have been ideal

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
i've been out of audio for a while but trying to find something for a friend. looking for a DAP, preferably one with expandable memory that can also do lossless.

I would have recommended him a cowon J3 but i'm seeing that they are now discontinued. any recommendations? he doesn't have too much music, but has some stuff in lossless format that he'd like to keep that way. the J3 would have been ideal

Cowon C2 or Colorfly C3. Both can play lossless and both will take 64Gb sd-cards (if formatted as FAT32 in a PC first)

The Cowon C2 player has more functionality if your friend wants things like gapless playback or playlists etc. and has more scope for shaping the sound with its wide ranging technologies such as BBE+ and custom EQ's.

The Colorfly C3 is geared towards audiophiles, and lacks some of the functionality (no gapless, playlists or custom EQ) of the C2, but is capable of better sound quality on the whole. It is also cheaper than the Cowon.

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #4 of 10
great! thanks for the replies

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
wait till april for the Fiio X3

I am not sure how waiting 5 months, is going to help his friend buy a DAP now for < $200 
confused_face.gif

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #8 of 10
You can also consider Hisound Nova, which will be hopefuly released on 10th December. You can have it for promo price (dunno if its still available) with decent earphones all together for 179$  - including DHL shipping. Ofcourse you can have it without those earphones for only 80$ + 30$ shipping.

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 10
You can also consider Hisound Nova, which will be hopefuly released on 10th December. You can have it for promo price (dunno if its still available) with decent earphones all together for 179$  - including DHL shipping. Ofcourse you can have it without those earphones for only 80$ + 30$ shipping.

I had seen the thread for these, but I can't find reviews. Has anyone tried one and reviewed it yet ?

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #10 of 10
I dont think there are any final versions out yet. It's supposed to be released on 10th December so there wont be any review. Even if there is any "beta" version of this player out, reviewing these is not a good idea because some things can be changed before its released...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back