Best DAP or DAP with Amp for Westone 4
Jan 24, 2013 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jaganeee

100+ Head-Fier
hi,

i am having westone 4.

i used to hear with my HTC ONE X International Version 

Sometimes i use Ipod Touch 4th Generation.

Ipod Touch Sound better when compared to HTC ONE X

but after reading the head-fi forums i am thinking that there are other DAP or DAP with Amp which sounds better than my setup

can u suggest the best DAP or DAP with Amp that drive my Westone 4 with full potential

my first preference is the Sound and basic UI for Listening to music.

my budget is Below $300 

regards
Jagan

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #2 of 7
I will recommend to buy good AMPs+dock cable to use with iPod touch and the sound willbe much improve because iPods offers line out signal through dock and sound is much cleaner and detailed with improved bass response and Pure Cryo or Cryo X Silver cable are great buy. If new DAPs is must buy then Sony F(has digital AMPs and lineout through WM-Port to connect with external AMPs but HP jack soundquality is realy good), S, Z(has digital AMPs)series walkmen, Cowon X7, X9, J3, Samsung galaxy Player 4.0, 5.0 are recommended.

Jan 25, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #3 of 7
hi,

Thanks for ur reply Zarim

i bought Ipod Touch from my friend. 

I decided to buy new DAP

i like to go with any one of the following

hisoundaudio Rocoo P, Rocoo BA, Nova 3, colorfly 3

which  is ur recommendation.

if ur choice is apart from my list also welcome

regards
Jagan

Feb 10, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #6 of 7
U dont really need an amp for W4.
After several personal attempts to improve my IEMs' sound quality, I found a good player (DAP) is always more crucial than an amp, the DAC portion especially. So my suggestion is to get a better dedicated player than getting an amp.
Or get sth like the UHA-6S MKII to pair with your laptop via its USB DAC. This little thing is simply amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back