Best DAP for voice recording
Nov 3, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #2 of 5
Sony Hi-MD RH1

Cheap media, excellent quality, and various recording settings.... besides, you can record almost from any source and it plays back mp3 files with AWESOME quality....

PS--- and looks darn sexy!
lambda.gif

PS2-- Sonic stage 3.4 or 4.0 are quite good and stable by the way!

Nov 4, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 5
IMHO, the best DAPs for voice quality recording would be the new digital voice recorders that are also designed to play mp3s. These voice recorder have all of the features you expect on a voice/tape recorder (various speeds, ff/rw, date/time stamped, stereo/mono, pause, digital speed control, hi/lo sensitivity) and the ability to play mp3s.

One such recorder is the Olympus WS-3XXM series. I have the WS-320M which has a 1gb memory and built-in stereo microphones. It has a built-in speaker and can play mp3s, wmas, and drm wmas. It records in windows media format up to stereo 64kbps. The voice quality is excellent and can record over nine hours on a AAA battery. It does need an external microphone for recording quiet distant voices. It gets very good reviews on Amazon.com. BTW, it is UMS capable with its own USB plug. The music sound quality is excellent and it supports shuffle mode, a custom equalizer, and surround sound.

Another interesting voice recorder is the new Sony ICD-UXX series. It is designed to voice record and play mp3s. I just saw one at Staples.

The Sony ICD-SX46 is an excellent voice recorder that can play music. However, it only has 128K bytes of memory. This recorder will let you edit your recordings in the recorder (combine, split, rearrange, delete, and so on) like you can on Sony MD recorders.

Though I have access to MD recorders, the Iriver IHP-120, and other DAP flash players, I normally use the WS-320M for recording lectures. The recorders in those devices are not as convenient as the voice recorders mentioned above. And the voice quality of the flash daps is not acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back