Best DAP for under $750 if sonic quality is only criteria
Sep 5, 2014 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

FSonicSmith

100+ Head-Fier
I have done my very best to try to determine the respective attributes of various HiFi-Man, iBasso, FiiO et al DAPs. 
Forgetting UIs, battery life, need for storage, separate amplification, and only based on SQ, which is the one to get?
My impression is that the answer is the iBasso DX90 but i don't want to overlook anything. 
I have Aurisonics custom IEMs and I leave for a trip in two weeks and want to take my music with me. 
Please help me pull the trigger as I want to order something today or tomorrow. 

Sep 7, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks. Ordered the DX90 this morning. Truth be told $400 was the most I really wanted to spend. For one thing, seems a year is about the most time that is likely to go by before a more attractive option comes to market at same pricepoint.

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #4 of 6
OK, thread drift, but my DX90 arrives tomorrow and I have a question. I already have most of my CDs stored in AIFF on a PC based music server (called a SoundScience Music Vault http://www.musicvaultcat.com/ in my main audio system and I would sure like to just transfer audio files from my hard drive to the DX90 rather than starting all over again CD by CD with a PC. Is this possible? My Music Vault has USB out but I recall reading the DX90 does not have USB inputs. Is this correct?

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 6
your microsd card comes with an adapter that makes it look like a full size sd card.  there are usb sd card readers.   just plug the card into the adapter, the adapter into the usb reader, and the usb reader into the computer.  transfer your files to the microsd - which you have to do anyway.  i'm not sure about your format- i just use flac.  but assuming your format is compatible, just write them onto the card and then stick the card in the dx90.

btw- the dx90 has a micro usb port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back