Best DAP >$200 in 2021
Mar 21, 2021 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

m267

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I've searched this topic but it seems like the most recent threads are a couple of years out of date. I've been interested in audio since the What era but I haven't had a dedicated DAP in a long time. It's getting harder to play music on the iPhone and the music app is terrible so I thought I'd see what my other options are.

I primarily use a pair of SE215s for walking around and listen to a pretty wide range of music including classical (not much electronic, though). The fewer features the better, I don't need or necessarily want a browser for instance. Streaming services are also not important. A few of the players I'm considering:

-Sony NW-A55
-HiBy R3 Pro
-Shanling M2/Q1
-Lotoo PAW 5000
-used Onkyo Dp-X1A, though this is a bit feature heavy

Any recommendations appreciated!

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 6
Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #3 of 6
Hello!

I've searched this topic but it seems like the most recent threads are a couple of years out of date. I've been interested in audio since the What era but I haven't had a dedicated DAP in a long time. It's getting harder to play music on the iPhone and the music app is terrible so I thought I'd see what my other options are.

I primarily use a pair of SE215s for walking around and listen to a pretty wide range of music including classical (not much electronic, though). The fewer features the better, I don't need or necessarily want a browser for instance. Streaming services are also not important. A few of the players I'm considering:

-Sony NW-A55
-HiBy R3 Pro
-Shanling M2/Q1
-Lotoo PAW 5000
-used Onkyo Dp-X1A, though this is a bit feature heavy

Any recommendations appreciated!
I would say the Sony NW-A55! I love it. Or the Shanling Q1 for more power.

Mar 25, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #4 of 6
in this range of product, you dont quite hear the different of those. i think it better be the feature instead of the sound quality. like connectivity, bluetooth, streaming online stuff. and it better had a balance output it will give you better sound texture. i owned a R3proSaber, when compare with the Sony A55. my r3 sound abit like sharper than the A55, the A55 sound abit smoother...and the Q1 is a bit small...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back