Best DAC with headphone amp under US$250?
May 21, 2021 at 7:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ChevyMonsenhor

100+ Head-Fier
Fell a bit out of love with my xDuoo XD05 Basic lately, so i sold it.
I’m looking for a better replacement, preferably around the US$200 mark, but i can go up to US$250 if necessary.
I’m looking for a stationary model this time, i don’t need portability, seeing as i never moved the XD05 out of my table.

Must have:
  • Line output (RCA or 3.5mm)
  • USB and Toslink (or Coax) inputs
  • Red or black casing
  • Available on Aliexpress (i have a US$100 credit to spend there)
Would be nice to have:
  • 2 or more line outputs
  • Coax input
  • Balanced headphone output
  • Same or more power than the XD05 Basic (500mW @32Ω)
I was taking a look at the Yulong Canary II, since it has most of the features i’m looking for, but i have no idea if its a good buy, thanks in advance for the help!

May 21, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #2 of 5
You might be able to find an Aune X1S around that price on aliexpress if you look around at different sellers

May 21, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 5
You might be able to find an Aune X1S around that price on aliexpress if you look around at different sellers
Checked them out, unfortunately the shipping cost kills the deal (~US$80 for my region), for some reason...

May 21, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #4 of 5
Ah that's too bad. The iFi Zen DAC would be another good option, but doesn't quite match your color scheme.

May 21, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #5 of 5
Ah that's too bad. The iFi Zen DAC would be another good option, but doesn't quite match your color scheme.
Took a look at it now, it indeed is a good option, great price, looks right, i'll research it further!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back