Best DAC under $1000?
Jan 14, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfboardz26
I would second the benchmark DAC1. It is a very good deal for what it is capable and for its sound. If you want quick, anyalitcal, and precise sound than this is great. It really does a good job as a source and has excellent intrement seperation. It has a great black background noise with wide soundstage that seems very naturall. At times it can sound a little cold and too quick and snappy and would prefer to have the notes decay more with more warmth. If you feel like you want to warm things up a bit than a tube amp does just that. This dac 1 does a really good job on conveying one into the music.

just my opinion

Have u heard the DA10? There is a saying:" DAC1 and mini-DAC has different sound, but DA10 is much better than both of the two. Because DA10 has both the good features of the DAc1 and mini-DAC.That is extremely analytical, precise and musical, but not cold." Is it true or not?
Those who have heard all of the three may answer this question.

Jan 14, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by clackman
Have u heard the DA10? There is a saying:" DAC1 and mini-DAC has different sound, but DA10 is much better than both of the two. Because DA10 has both the good features of the DAc1 and mini-DAC.That is extremely analytical, precise and musical, but not cold." Is it true or not?

Better is almost always subjective in Head-Fi.

Jan 14, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by clackman

Yes I have and I would have to grealty agree with that comment. The DA10 is as detailed as the DAC1 and and mini-dac but does not come across as harsh or dry. It is very smoother yet super detailed.

Jan 14, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
Yes I have and I would have to grealty agree with that comment. The DA10 is as detailed as the DAC1 and and mini-dac but does not come across as harsh or dry. It is very smoother yet super detailed.

Is there no difference between DA10 and lavry blue? Where did u get the DA10 for a good price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back