Best DAC for SR-009 + SRM-323S within ~$500?
Sep 16, 2015 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ahnafakeef

100+ Head-Fier
I'm particularly concerned since I've read that electrostatic setups don't play well with other components as easily as other setups. So please suggest accordingly. Thank you.

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #2 of 4
Best bang for your buck? Likely something in the For Sale section as you do not need to pay full price on gear that might go for a few hundred bucks more.

In terms of a suggestion of a DAC that pairs well? No experience in that so I cannot help you. But I would definitely take a look for everything in your price range that on sale in the For Sale section and then research the life out of each option. I am not sure if you can yet see the FS section actually, but audiogon or other sites are a nice bet as well.

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for your input. Unfortunately I'm not willing to buy used.
------------------------------------------
As for updates on my side, I'm currently leaning towards a Bifrost Uber with USB Gen2 for a DAC. Any input about your experience with such a setup vs with other DACs would be extremely appreciated. Thank you.

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 4
  Thanks for your input. Unfortunately I'm not willing to buy used.
------------------------------------------
As for updates on my side, I'm currently leaning towards a Bifrost Uber with USB Gen2 for a DAC. Any input about your experience with such a setup vs with other DACs would be extremely appreciated. Thank you.

that probably is fine, but heck, buying used isnt all you think, I've gotten plenty of great deals and wonderful items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back