Best DAC for laptop playbak for live shows (Emb , Industral. electronica) under 50$
Mar 19, 2014 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lovemehate

New Head-Fier
so am at the point i need to push a better sound, i would say i want the basses and drums to really boom.
from what I understand The next step is to get a DAC, however as its just something am going to try and not really something I can invest 200+ in. I want to buy the best one for around 50$ price range that will really do the trick.
i was looking at the HI-FI DAC DIR9001  http://www.ebay.com/itm/HI-FI-Mini-DAC-TDA1543-DIR9001-NOS-DAC-with-Power-MKII-/110708933851?pt=US_Sound_Card_External&hash=item19c6c444db

but it looks like they all ship from china and look like they might be a rip-off of something else...

meh some direction please?

thanks in advance!

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 9
thanks for the reply, but am just using my laptop/ connecting it to a mixer (depending on that place I play) . but am really using just the laptop/speakers sometimes mixer. so anything would be an upgrade haha

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #5 of 9
What laptop are you using?
Does your laptop have TOSLINK optical output, if it does then you don't need a USB DAC.  If it does, its probably buried DEEP inside the headphone jack, so its not easily seen at a glance.  If it does you can use a DAC like the Muse you have shown on ebay.  If your laptop only has USB then you can not use DACs that don't have USB connectivity.

laptop sound quality varies greatly so to generalize across an industry here would be wrong, and could mis-lead you into a downgrade in sound quality.  Macbooks for example have a very good sounding headphone output, particularly with 32 ohm impedance's.

Don't some mixers have USB connectivity how days?  I would look into that too, if the venue/house supports USB audio connection feed your bit stream into that.  No need to drag around extra gear if you don't need to.

Mar 19, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 9
well I have a headphone out, where i connect it to speakers/mixer . or headphones of course, as far as the type of computer?
Its a Acer, Aspire V3-551G-x419

if that helps? so you think Am already getting the best sound I can push out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back