best dac amp under 500 dollars
Nov 24, 2020 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

apaar123

500+ Head-Fier
Till now i have shortlisted topping dx7 pro, monolith thx, asgard 3 + modius
Headphones which i will use are argon mk3, focal clears and sundara
Other recommendations are also appreciated

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 3
The Modius is hard to beat especially if you run it balanced. I have that, the Topping E30, D50, and D90. All are excellent DAC's with my highest recommendation going to the D90. It can run both balanced and RCA simultaneously. It is well-regarded and built very well.

If you are on a tight budget go with the black Modius. It really is a nice DAC. I went from the Bifrost 4490 to that and enjoy the "upgrade." I run it exclusively balanced though.

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 3
The Modius is hard to beat especially if you run it balanced. I have that, the Topping E30, D50, and D90. All are excellent DAC's with my highest recommendation going to the D90. It can run both balanced and RCA simultaneously. It is well-regarded and built very well.

If you are on a tight budget go with the black Modius. It really is a nice DAC. I went from the Bifrost 4490 to that and enjoy the "upgrade." I run it exclusively balanced though.
I will be running balanced only and d90 is thrice the price. Is it really that better sound? Also what amp can i do with modius? asgard 3 or magnius?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back